Author Topic: Conga lines, chainsaws and a call to war: New book by White House photographer offers never-before-seen pictures of George W Bush's controversial presidency  (Read 1836 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507940/White-House-photographers-new-book-offers-insight-George-W-Bushs-presidency.html

Conga lines, chainsaws and a call to war: New book by White House photographer offers never-before-seen pictures of George W Bush's controversial presidency

By Ashley Collman

PUBLISHED: 12:08 EST, 15 November 2013 | UPDATED: 15:55 EST, 15 November 2013

By the time he left office in January 2009, George W Bush was not the most liked president in history. But many would agree that his was one of the most historically important White House tenures.

Eight months after assuming office in January 2001, 9/11 happened which would set the course for the rest of his presidency

New book 'Front Row Seat: A Photographic Portrait of the Presidency of George W Bush' provides a never before seen look into the life of the controversial president during his eight years in office.

Over his two terms as leader of the free world, Mr Bush would take the nation into two conflicts in the Middle East, while dealing with a financial crisis at home and natural disasters like Hurricane Katrina.

'Front Row Seat' was edited down to 240 pages of images from White House photographer Eric Draper's more than one million photographs from the Bush II years.

The pictures taken by Draper, the longest-serving White House photographer, show Mr Bush both at work with his inner circle of advisers and also in his private downtime with wife Laura and at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.

Going home: President Bush rests on his mother and former first-lady Barbara Bush's shoulder as he travels back to Texas at the end of his presidency on January 20, 2009

many great photos at link...loved them all!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Very interesting. Bush was and is a good man who put the country first. He made mistakes, but there are no do-overs.

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Very interesting. Bush was and is a good man who put the country first. He made mistakes, but there are no do-overs.

He is the very first President of the United States of America that I personally know and he did in fact make some mighty big errors (listening to Karl Rove not least among them) but all in all I would take him over what we have now any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He is the very first President of the United States of America that I personally know and he did in fact make some mighty big errors (listening to Karl Rove not least among them) but all in all I would take him over what we have now any day of the week and twice on Sunday!

Agreed. Met him once and got to talk to him for a very short time. He has this amazing ability that, when he talks to you, for those few seconds there are only the two of you in the room. More importantly, he doesn't just talk, he actually listens.

A good man with a good heart who truly and deeply loves his country.

Don't usually bother with coffee table books, but this one will be picked up.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 12:24:52 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Agreed. Met him once and got to talk to him for a very short time. He has this amazing ability that, when he talks to you, for those few seconds there are only the two of you in the room. More importantly, he doesn't just talk, he actually listens.

A good man with a good heart who truly and deeply loves his country.

Don't usually bother with coffee table books, but this one will be picked up.

Way back in 1994 he was running for Governor to Texas for the first time and I was running for a somewhat lower office but that put us in the same place and time on many occasions. I got to know him fairly well and would affirm everything you said. He is a really nice guy and completely down to earth!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Way back in 1994 he was running for Governor to Texas for the first time and I was running for a somewhat lower office but that put us in the same place and time on many occasions. I got to know him fairly well and would affirm everything you said. He is a really nice guy and completely down to earth!

Silly sod wanted me to take him up in my baby. He'd have been throwing up in seconds - I took VIP rides as a challenge! :laugh: Unfortunately, the Secret Service were not down with that. A foreign national (though allied) in a Russian attack chopper flying the POTUS? They'd have proved that humans can, in fact, give birth to kittens.

It could have been amusing.

I do like the man - and man is the operative word. So, he made some mistakes.

Big deal. Who hasn't?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Silly sod wanted me to take him up in my baby. He'd have been throwing up in seconds - I took VIP rides as a challenge! :laugh: Unfortunately, the Secret Service were not down with that. A foreign national (though allied) in a Russian attack chopper flying the POTUS? They'd have proved that humans can, in fact, give birth to kittens.

Big deal. Who hasn't?

LOL! That sounds JUST like something he would do!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Big deal. Who hasn't?

Cool. Did he do the 'ear' thing?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.