Author Topic: Obamacare Architect: Genetic "Lottery Winners" Have Been Paying An "Artificially Low Price"  (Read 991 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

And they need to be punished.

JONATHAN GRUBER, M.I.T.: Let’s start with understanding that we're not talking about the vast majority of Americans. This law is really leaving those with employer insurance, those with government insurance alone. We’re talking about a small minority of Americans that buy insurance on their own through the individual market.

CHUCK TODD: Still millions of people.

GRUBER: Exactly. It's 12 million people, about a third of which will end up paying more under this law. And that as you said in the introductions sort of the idea. We currently have a highly discriminatory system where if you’re sick, if you’ve been sick or [if] you’re going to get sick, you cannot get health insurance.

The only way to end that discriminatory system is to bring everyone into the system and pay one fair price. That means that the genetic winners, the lottery winners who've been paying an artificially low price because of this discrimination now will have to pay more in return. And that, by my estimate, is about four million people. In return, we'll have a fixed system where over 30 million people will now for the first time be able to access fairly price and guaranteed health insurance.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/11/13/obamacare_architect_genetic_lottery_winners_have_been_paying_an_artificially_low_price.html [emphasis added]

Never considered genetic heritage to be "discriminatory" but this guy Gruber is a Professor of Economics at the MIT so he's obviously a great deal smarter than anyone else, except Obama of course, so it must be true.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online Lando Lincoln

I should be amazed... but sadly... I am not.

It reads like Atlas Shrugged.  Now, the healthy are the reviled.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Rapunzel

What concerns me is people like him in the gene pool passing their version of economics on young minds.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"Survival of the Fittest" used to cull the herd, genetics wise.

Part of being fit was being intelligent enough to use common sense, keep fit, keep healthy, have something set aside for rainy days, etc.

Now members of the herd are being artificially kept going, even though they practice none of the above behaviors.

Hence we step downward, to reach the least common denominator, as if our country has an inexhaustible quantity of money and economic well being, not to mention dumbing down the genetic pool.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln