Author Topic: Ted Cruz previews new plan to repeal and replace Obamacare  (Read 827 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz previews new plan to repeal and replace Obamacare
« on: November 15, 2013, 03:11:31 pm »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-previews-new-plan-to-repeal-and-replace-obamacare/article/2539129

Ted Cruz previews new plan to repeal and replace Obamacare
By CHARLIE SPIERING | NOVEMBER 14, 2013 AT 8:32 AM

Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz previewed a new plan to repeal Obamacare and replace it with different health care reforms.

"The only way to stop the problems is to admit this idea was fundamentally flawed to begin with," Cruz told Fox News' Megyn Kelly. "At this point, starting over, stopping Obamacare, is the essence of pragmatism."

Cruz's approach differs from some congressional Republicans and Democrats who are working to pass a bill delaying the Obamacare individual mandate or help Americans keep their current health care plans.

Cruz said that he would release a bill to empower Americans to purchase health insurance across state lines, creating a "true national market." Insurance can only be purchased intra-state at present.

"In the coming weeks, I intend to layout a plan to provide exactly that, a plan to repeal Obamacare altogether and at the same time expand options for five million-plus people, who have lost their health insurance and 300 million people across this country to expand their options to have affordable, personal, portable health care," Cruz said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ted Cruz previews new plan to repeal and replace Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 03:34:41 pm »
Excellent news!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 04:44:54 pm »
Cruz said that he would release a bill to empower Americans to purchase health insurance across state lines, creating a "true national market." Insurance can only be purchased intra-state at present.

"In the coming weeks, I intend to layout a plan to provide exactly that, a plan to repeal Obamacare altogether and at the same time expand options for five million-plus people, who have lost their health insurance and 300 million people across this country to expand their options to have affordable, personal, portable health care," Cruz said.

Look for the Ted Cruz bashing to be stepped up in a big way, both from Dems and the GOPe.  This man CANNOT be allowed to succeed.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 05:56:34 pm »
Not the time to introduce anything health care related.  Let the Dems spin.  Let the people choose thir healthcare.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 05:58:03 pm »
Okay, so when DOES the Republican party present itself as a party with any ideas of its own?