Author Topic: Al Qaeda-linked rebels apologize after beheading wrong man, report says  (Read 258 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Conspiracy engineer. Low rates.
Oops doesn't really begin to cover it.

Via Fox News: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/11/15/al-qaeda-linked-rebels-apologize-after-beheading-wrong-man-report-says/

Syrian rebel fighters linked with Al Qaeda have asked for "understanding and forgiveness" after mistakenly beheading one of their allies and putting the head on display.

In a video posted online, members of Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham were shown holding up the head of what they thought was a supporter of President Bashar Assad before a crowd in Aleppo, The Telegraph reported.

After the video was posted, the head was recognized as belonging to Mohammed Fares, a member of Ahrar al-Sham, a well-established rebel group that regularly fights alongside the Islamic State of Iraq, according to the report.

More at link.
The fastest way to a man's heart? Inch to the right of the breastbone, between the fourth and fifth rib.

Every time I start to feel boring, I remember there is a monthly magazine devoted to elevators.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf