Author Topic: Meet Meena, the 13-year old Muslim girl trained by her brother to be a Suicide Bomber and die for Islam  (Read 599 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Hat tip to Tarek Fatah. If you don't follow him, you should. He's mostly involved in Pakistani issues, but has a strong grasp of most issues in the ME.

http://tarekfatah.com/meet-meena-the-13-year-old-muslim-girl-trained-by-her-brother-to-be-a-suicide-bomber-and-die-for-islam/

My brother used to tell me that the place for a woman is either at home or in the grave. I was always restricted to home.
He said: “If you leave the house I’ll cut off your head and put it on your chest.”

My brother had been to the local school and beaten the girls and the teachers. He said anyone who wanted to study was a friend of America. I wanted to be a doctor. I wanted it so much that once I dreamt I was sitting in a hospital, working as a doctor. I wanted to help the poor, those who cannot afford medical fees.

Taliban commanders used to come to our house. There was an underground bunker beside the house, with electricity.
It was concrete and very strong. Cars would drive on top but no-one would realise what was underneath. In that hideout they used to train suicide bombers.

Most were children of my age or younger than me. They were used for these activities because they were too young to know any better.

More plus the 3 minute video segment at link.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink