Author Topic: Krauthammer to Megyn Kelly: Obama Presser Was to Stop ‘Open Rebellion’ of Democrats  (Read 806 times)

Offline happyg

by Josh Feldman
Charles Krauthammer joined Megyn Kelly Thursday night to react to President Obama‘s big Obamacare announcement/press conference, and as far as Krauthammer was concerned, Obama got out front and center on this in order to prevent “open rebellion” from within the panicked Democratic party, especially with the threat of abandonment a day away.

Krauthammer described this as the “usual lawlessness” one has come to expect from the Obama administration on big issues, but said the real reason for the press conference was not to fix the law, but to save Obama’s immediate political future

This is a way for him to tell the rebellious Democrats––this is all about preventing an open rebellion among Democrats, which was provoked by the Clinton remarks.”

He said Obama was seriously worried Democrats would “actually change the law and join Republicans in doing it,” and predicted that if Obamacare turns into the trainwreck it’s likely headed for, the “underlying ideology” of the “ever-expanding entitlements state” “will be set back for decades.” Krauthammer added Obama’s trying to save himself and his legacy from total “humiliation” if his signature achievement in office ends so catastrophicly.
Video at link: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/krauthammer-to-megyn-kelly-obama-presser-was-to-stop-open-rebellion-of-democrats/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Doctor Krauthammer is right yet again! This is nothing more than a feeble attempt at what is know in the military as CYA!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:33:00 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
If that was Obama's purpose he bought them about 24 hours, because that's how long it will take for every reporter in the country to parse every syllable that came out of his mouth for accuracy, and then to tear him to shreds because nothing he said today was legal or would do anything to fix the actual problem.

He has a baker's dozen of prominent senior Democrat senators up for reelection, many if not most of whom are on tape parroting Obama's lies (Mary Landreau leads that pack) and all of whom voted to approve this fiasco.  Once this statement is discarded for the pap that it is, the heat is going to come back up on these Senators even hotter than it was before. 

Wait until a month from now when we have 10 Million cancellations affecting 20+ million people....

Offline happyg

I think Obama is too far out of the loop to understand what is going on. He is merely a script reader. I think he spends so much time golfing, campaigning, and just playing around because Valerie Jarrett wants him out of the way. He has no input in the presidency, and is a token. He hates the job, but loves the perks. I reckon by now he is angry and feels he's been used by Val, but is too far committed to quit. I think he would love to retire and tell dems and reps alike to go to hell.