Author Topic: Essential Skill- How To Open A Can Without a Can Opener (or any other tools)  (Read 1002 times)

Offline AbaraXas

• Просто никто
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Просто никто
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2NahLjx-Y</a>
Никогда не обманывайте себя мыслью, что вы «влияете» или вносите изменения в Интернет. Это эфемерное удовольствие.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Interesting.  I didn't have my sound on for the video, but it seems like you could scrape the can across a rock in a pinch.  Thanks AbaraXas, that's a tip I'll remember.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

:whistle:

Offline alicewonders

:whistle:

You don't know how many times I've been brought to tears while trying to open a jar when my husband isn't around - or when I'm just too darned proud to ask him. 

8888crybaby

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • French entertainment is a waste of mime.
You don't know how many times I've been brought to tears while trying to open a jar when my husband isn't around - or when I'm just too darned proud to ask him. 

8888crybaby

It's easy.   :laugh:
Take a pointed table knife or a flat head screwdriver.
Slide it under the lip of the lid - there are always a couple of places where you can.
Twist the knife very slightly, until you hear a soft pop.
Lid comes off easily.

Dad taught me that one when I was too small to be able to brute force lids.
Anyone who tells you you can't buy happiness has never been in a book store or an animal shelter.

You are the result of 3 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

It's easy.   :laugh:
Take a pointed table knife or a flat head screwdriver.
Slide it under the lip of the lid - there are always a couple of places where you can.
Twist the knife very slightly, until you hear a soft pop.
Lid comes off easily.

Dad taught me that one when I was too small to be able to brute force lids.
'My sister gave me a bottle opener she bought in Spain many years ago, looks like a wooden shark - and it works perfectly to do that, just pops that seal.  It's been a lifesaver.  However, occasionally I will come across a motherf****** jar that is too thick or whatever and won't open that way (I never thought about a screwdriver). 

On a side note, something I've noticed since I've started gettting old, is it just ME - or is everything getting harder to open...harder to read...harder to understand? 

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • French entertainment is a waste of mime.
'My sister gave me a bottle opener she bought in Spain many years ago, looks like a wooden shark - and it works perfectly to do that, just pops that seal.  It's been a lifesaver.  However, occasionally I will come across a motherf****** jar that is too thick or whatever and won't open that way (I never thought about a screwdriver). 

On a side note, something I've noticed since I've started gettting old, is it just ME - or is everything getting harder to open...harder to read...harder to understand?

It's not just you. Always figured the Devil got bored one day and invented blister packs, just to mess with us.

As far as read and understand - information overload. In the time it has taken me to write this, I have had 78 new tweets - I only follow news.
Anyone who tells you you can't buy happiness has never been in a book store or an animal shelter.

You are the result of 3 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf