Author Topic: Obama Inadvertently Suggests he Lied  (Read 944 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Inadvertently Suggests he Lied
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:21:01 am »
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/11/14/obama-inadvertently-suggests-lied/

Obama Inadvertently Suggests he Lied
by KEITH KOFFLER on NOVEMBER 14, 2013, 3:28 PM

President Obama today inadvertently pointed to evidence that he lied when he said repeatedly that under Obamacare people could keep their health plans if they wanted, because he hung the misstatement on the “insufficiency” of the “grandfather clause.”

The “grandfather” clause is a portion of the law that allows people to maintain plans in existence before the law was signed in March 2010, even if they don’t adhere to Obamacare’s insurance standards. Today, Obama, who appeared in the White House Briefing Room try to explain himself, blamed the “grandfather clause” for the fact that his statement “ended up not being accurate.”

He said:

With respect to the pledge I made that if you like your plan you can keep it, I think — you know, and I’ve said in interviews — that there is no doubt that the way I put that forward unequivocally ended up not being accurate. It was not because of my intention not to deliver on that commitment and that promise. We put a grandfather clause into the law but it was insufficient . . .

You have an individual market that accounts for about 5 percent of the population. And our working assumption was — my working assumption was that the majority of those folks would find better policies at lower cost or the same cost in the marketplaces and that there — the universe of folks who potentially would not find a better deal in the marketplaces, the grandfather clause would work sufficiently for them. And it didn’t. And again, that’s on us, which is why we’re — that’s on me.

What Obama did today was ADMIT that he knew about the grandfather clause and that he in fact was referring to it when he stated people could keep their plans. He said, “My working assumption” was that the grandfather clause would help those who lost their plans and couldn’t find a better deal.

Well, you see, the problem here is that Obama kept making his promise well after March 2010, even during the 2012 campaign, even though he knew that grandfather clause was just for pre-March 2010 plans.

During the first presidential debate on October 4, 2012, Obama said clearly:

If you’ve got health insurance . . . you keep your own insurance. You keep your own doctor.

He didn’t mention during the debate that this guarantee applies only to insurance plans in existence before March 2010 – some two and a half years before the debate – and only if those plans hadn’t changed in even minor ways. Instead, he was, by addressing voters in the present tense, telling them they could keep their current policy, which they couldn’t.

So he knowingly based his statement to 2012 voters on a clause he realized no longer applied.

And that’s a lie.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34