Author Topic: Report: '60 Minutes' witness Dylan Davies has gone into hiding  (Read 292 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline EC

  • Shanghaied Editor
  • Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 16,720
  • Silence is Golden. Boredom is even better.
Report: '60 Minutes' witness Dylan Davies has gone into hiding
« on: November 14, 2013, 02:28:56 PM »
From Politico - so usual caveats apply.

Dylan Davies, the security contractor featured in the highly controversial "60 Minutes" report on Benghazi, wrote an email to his publisher late last week to announce that he was going dark in order to protect his family.

That is according to a new report from Eli Lake of The Daily Beast, who obtained the email Davies sent to Jennifer Robinson, a vice president of Simon & Schuster, on Friday morning. In that email, Davies claimed to have received a hand-written letter at his home in Wales, which read, "Stop talking now or your wife and son will disappear.”

"Due to this threat I will not discuss the book with anyone under any circumstances for the foreseeable future, I am not prepared to put my family in danger," Davies wrote in his email to Robinson. "I stand by my story however I understand that it continues to be rubbished, which I expected.”

The South Wales Police confirmed that it is conducting an investigation into the allegation and Damien Lewis, the co-author of Davies' book, said he was aware of threats to Davies' family, according to Lake's report.

Davies' account of the Benghazi raid came under intense scrutiny last week after The New York Times reported, based on two anonymous senior government officials, that Davies had told the FBI he was not even present at the U.S. diplomatic mission during the attack. That contradicted the account he gave in his book and in his interview with "60 Minutes," in which he claimed to have been present at the mission and recounts a dramatic climb over a 12-foot wall and an altercation with one of the attackers. Davies also told his security contractor that he was not present for the attack.

In the wake of those reports, "60 Minutes" apologized for its error (it is currently conducting a review) and Simon & Schuster retracted the book, asking stores to pull it from their shelves.

More at link.

Digging for more. Some of it stacks neatly - some bits don't fit yet.
Before you bitch about the youth of today ... think about who raised them.

Avatar thanks to Oceander.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo