Author Topic: Obama: ‘I don’t think I’m stupid enough’ to mislead on website  (Read 903 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/14/obama-not-stupid-enough-mislead-obamacare-website/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS&google_editors_picks=true

In the days leading up to the Oct. 1 launch of HealthCare.Gov, President Obama says he didn’t know just how faulty the site would be.

He told reporters Thursday that, had he known of the rampant glitches and crashes that have plagued Obamacare’s central hub, he wouldn’t have promoted it so heavily.

“I was not informed directly that the website would not be working the way it was supposed to. I’m accused of a lot of things. I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying this is going to be like shopping on Amazon or Travelocity a week before the website opens if I thought that it wasn’t going to work,” Mr. Obama said during a press conference at the White House. “Clearly we, and I, did not have enough awareness about the problems with the website.”

Good grief I should have watched the presser. I read he said this , just didn't believe it. I hope they replay in on cspan.

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Obama: ‘I don’t think I’m stupid enough’ to mislead on website
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:57:22 pm »
He's selling himself short.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 09:58:50 pm »
Coincidentally, Sec State Kerry just said yesterday, "......I don't think we're stupid....", in speaking about Iran meetings.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:01:36 pm »
Duplicitous enough?  Sure.

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 10:02:50 pm »
Coincidentally, Sec State Kerry just said yesterday, "......I don't think we're stupid....", in speaking about Iran meetings.

I doubt Neville Chamberlain was that stupid, either.  By the way, wasn't it after the 1st debate with Romney that Obama thought he had clearly won?  That shows his delusional abilities.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 01:48:59 pm »
To paraphrase Caddyshack, don't kid yourself, you're incredibly stupid.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 02:19:10 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IQnQhzMSI

A Classic.......that fits perfectly.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 04:11:55 pm »
The sad thing about the stupid is that many times they are too stupid to know that they even are stupid.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 04:23:23 pm »
I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying...

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:26:24 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan