Author Topic: Obama: ‘I don’t think I’m stupid enough’ to mislead on website  (Read 453 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/14/obama-not-stupid-enough-mislead-obamacare-website/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS&google_editors_picks=true

In the days leading up to the Oct. 1 launch of HealthCare.Gov, President Obama says he didn’t know just how faulty the site would be.

He told reporters Thursday that, had he known of the rampant glitches and crashes that have plagued Obamacare’s central hub, he wouldn’t have promoted it so heavily.

“I was not informed directly that the website would not be working the way it was supposed to. I’m accused of a lot of things. I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying this is going to be like shopping on Amazon or Travelocity a week before the website opens if I thought that it wasn’t going to work,” Mr. Obama said during a press conference at the White House. “Clearly we, and I, did not have enough awareness about the problems with the website.”

Good grief I should have watched the presser. I read he said this , just didn't believe it. I hope they replay in on cspan.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: Obama: ‘I don’t think I’m stupid enough’ to mislead on website
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »
He's selling himself short.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline flowers

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »
Coincidentally, Sec State Kerry just said yesterday, "......I don't think we're stupid....", in speaking about Iran meetings.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »
Duplicitous enough?  Sure.

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »
Coincidentally, Sec State Kerry just said yesterday, "......I don't think we're stupid....", in speaking about Iran meetings.

I doubt Neville Chamberlain was that stupid, either.  By the way, wasn't it after the 1st debate with Romney that Obama thought he had clearly won?  That shows his delusional abilities.
There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
Public virtue cannot exist in a nation without private, and public virtue is the only foundation of republics. There must be a positive passion for the public good, the public interest, honour, power and glory, established in the minds of the people, or there can be no republican government, nor any real liberty: and this public passion must be superior to all private passions. John Adams

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 08:48:59 AM »
To paraphrase Caddyshack, don't kid yourself, you're incredibly stupid.
Just being unique doesn't make you useful.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IQnQhzMSI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IQnQhzMSI</a>

A Classic.......that fits perfectly.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • ^^ Actual picture of me.
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »
The sad thing about the stupid is that many times they are too stupid to know that they even are stupid.
STILL a proud supporter of the Free Conservative Resistance (no affiliation with the left-wing "Resistance")

"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »
I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying...

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:26:24 AM by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"April Fools Day is the one day of the year that people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true." - Unknown

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf