Author Topic: Obama: ‘I don’t think I’m stupid enough’ to mislead on website  (Read 470 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/14/obama-not-stupid-enough-mislead-obamacare-website/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS&google_editors_picks=true

In the days leading up to the Oct. 1 launch of HealthCare.Gov, President Obama says he didn’t know just how faulty the site would be.

He told reporters Thursday that, had he known of the rampant glitches and crashes that have plagued Obamacare’s central hub, he wouldn’t have promoted it so heavily.

“I was not informed directly that the website would not be working the way it was supposed to. I’m accused of a lot of things. I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying this is going to be like shopping on Amazon or Travelocity a week before the website opens if I thought that it wasn’t going to work,” Mr. Obama said during a press conference at the White House. “Clearly we, and I, did not have enough awareness about the problems with the website.”

Good grief I should have watched the presser. I read he said this , just didn't believe it. I hope they replay in on cspan.

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Obama: ‘I don’t think I’m stupid enough’ to mislead on website
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »
He's selling himself short.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline flowers

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »
Coincidentally, Sec State Kerry just said yesterday, "......I don't think we're stupid....", in speaking about Iran meetings.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"I am responsible for what I say.  I am not responsible for what you understand."  ...me

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »
Duplicitous enough?  Sure.

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »
Coincidentally, Sec State Kerry just said yesterday, "......I don't think we're stupid....", in speaking about Iran meetings.

I doubt Neville Chamberlain was that stupid, either.  By the way, wasn't it after the 1st debate with Romney that Obama thought he had clearly won?  That shows his delusional abilities.
Abraham Lincoln:

There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.
--January 27, 1838 Lyceum Address

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these
great and true principles.
--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.
--July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 08:48:59 AM »
To paraphrase Caddyshack, don't kid yourself, you're incredibly stupid.
The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too.
--- Oscar Levant

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IQnQhzMSI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IQnQhzMSI</a>

A Classic.......that fits perfectly.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"I am responsible for what I say.  I am not responsible for what you understand."  ...me

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • There's no one out there quite like me.
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 11:11:55 AM »
The sad thing about the stupid is that many times they are too stupid to know that they even are stupid.
"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie

"In the excitement of great popular elections, deciding the policy of the country, and its vast patronage, frauds will be committed, if a chance is given for them." —Richard Henry Dana, Jr.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »
I don’t think I’m stupid enough to go around saying...

« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:26:24 AM by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf