Author Topic: Obamacare Schadenfreudarama  (Read 964 times)

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
Obamacare Schadenfreudarama
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:44:43 AM »
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:48:22 AM by Bigun »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Obamacare Schadenfreudarama
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:47:08 AM »
WARNING! Don't don't read it with your mouth full of coffee or any other beverage. With your health care insurance going up, you don't want to have to buy a new monitor or keyboard.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 09:52:33 AM »
WARNING! Don't don't read it with your mouth full of coffee or any other beverage. With your health care insurance going up, you don't want to have to buy a new monitor or keyboard.

Read it and first thought to cross my mind?  What is it about democrats that causes them to believe they can get someone who has 2 nickles to rub together will happily give up one to someone without the slightest inclination to bend over and pick one up for themselves?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 10:04:45 AM »
Read it and first thought to cross my mind?  What is it about democrats that causes them to believe they can get someone who has 2 nickles to rub together will happily give up one to someone without the slightest inclination to bend over and pick one up for themselves?

That is what passes for thinking in their circles!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  - Thomas Lifson

Very good piece.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 10:23:31 AM »
Jonah Goldberg hits it out of the park.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »
Jonah Goldberg hits it out of the park.

ABSOLUTELY!

:sword:

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 04:48:22 PM »
what a great read!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 05:16:01 PM »

A great read, but my ADD wouldn't see me get to the end.   

Too long.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 05:18:25 PM »
Jonah Goldberg is the smartest political commentator there is. Heck of a good writer, too.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »
Trivia tidbit:  Jonah's mom, Lucianne used to draw a little whale on his lunch bag every morning when he was a kid.

In homage to the biblical tale.  ^-^

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »
Yeah, you think this failure is rich? Just wait until we see this clearly the failure of "quantitative easing".  This failure can be cured by repealing Obamacare and replacing the politicians that gave it to us.  Relatively simple as such things go...

Nothing in Heaven or on Earth will cure the effects of quantitative easing when they become apparent, short of societal collapse and reconstruction from the veritable pit of Hell.

Such is the payment for our society's dalliance with the hard left...which believes it has the power to change all the laws of the universe to whatever it thinks they should be.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 06:02:41 PM »
What a great read........ one thing about a narcissist like Obama the more they build themselves up - the harder they fall.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 06:04:06 PM »
Yeah, you think this failure is rich? Just wait until we see this clearly the failure of "quantitative easing".  This failure can be cured by repealing Obamacare and replacing the politicians that gave it to us.  Relatively simple as such things go...

Nothing in Heaven or on Earth will cure the effects of quantitative easing when they become apparent, short of societal collapse and reconstruction from the veritable pit of Hell.

Such is the payment for our society's dalliance with the hard left...which believes it has the power to change all the laws of the universe to whatever it thinks they should be.

Too true and in the meantime we have people cheering the continued rise of the stock market which is being fueled by QE which is being fueled by continued high unemployment.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 07:20:13 PM »
I haven't revisited those old SNL skits in a long time. Either they were funnier back then or I was just goofy enough myself to enjoy it. Probably the latter.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 07:40:41 PM »
I have no idea what I just said. :shrug:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »

Well said Scottfic! Well said indeed and absolutely true!

We are only just beginning to see the effects of this dalliance with idiocy!

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 09:04:37 PM »
In every tale of hubris, the transgressor is eventually slapped across the face with the semi-frozen flounder of reality.

Just one of the many excellent lines in this terrific opinion piece.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf