Author Topic: Mark Wahlberg to Tom Cruise: ‘How F*cking Dare You’ Compare Acting to Afghanistan  (Read 4224 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mark-wahlberg-to-tom-cruise-how-fcking-dare-you-compare-acting-to-afghanistan/

Mark Wahlberg to Tom Cruise: ‘How F*cking Dare You’ Compare Acting to Afghanistan
by Matt Wilstein | 3:36 pm, November 13th, 2013

Mark Wahlberg had some harsh words anyone who compares acting in Hollywood to fighting in the military during Q&A following the world premiere of his new film Lone Survivor Tuesday night. While Wahlberg did not mention Tom Cruise by name, he did allude to alleged comments that actor recently made comparing shooting on location to fighting in Afghanistan.

Wahlberg was asked a question about the shoot for his new film, in which he portrays one of three real-life Navy SEALS on a mission in Afghanistan when he unleashed this impassioned rant:

“For actors to sit there and talk about ‘Oh I went to SEAL training,’ and I slept on the — I don’t give a bleep what you did. You don’t do what these guys did, you just don’t For somebody to sit there and say my job was as difficult as somebody in the military’s. How bleep dare you? While you sit in a makeup chair for two hours.
I don’t give a shit if you’re getting your ass busted. You get to go home at the end of the day. You get to go to your hotel room. You get to order bleep chicken. Or your steak. Bottle of Cabernet, or whatever the bleep it is.”

Cruise’s comments surfaced in legal documents that were obtained–and possibly distorted– by TMZ. While the site initially used the headline “Tom Cruise: My Job’s As Hard As FIGHTING IN AFGHANISTAN,” they later added an update that tampered the actor’s views a bit.

The actual transcript read:

Lawyer: “Now, your counsel has publicly equated your absence from Suri for these extended periods of time as being analogous to someone fighting in Afghanistan. Are you aware of that?”
Cruise: “I didn’t hear the Afghanistan, but that’s what it feels like, and certainly on this last movie, it was brutal. It was brutal.”

Regardless, Wahlberg clearly saw his most recent public appearance as an opportunity to let the world know just how off-base he believes any comparison between acting and military service to be.

Watch video below, via TMZ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfmLKBO-g54
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Whalberg just jumped up ten points in my book (he was already up there for his USO work).

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Whalberg just jumped up ten points in my book (he was already up there for his USO work).

I don't know his politics but I do appreciate his support for our troops.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Cruise makes $10-20 million a movie, plus royalties and profits. Our soldiers do so much more than Cruise making an action movie, while not making enough money to support their families.  They lose body parts, some are blinded, others are deaf, among the many injuries they suffer. Cruise should be ashamed of himself. He had the time to visit his daughter, but chose otherwise. There's no excuse, and he knows it.

Offline xfreeper

I like the sentiment. The foul mouth delivery is a little lacking.

Offline PzLdr

I like the sentiment. The foul mouth delivery is a little lacking.

The 'foul mouth delivery' is the northeast equivalent  of an exclamation point. As a lifelong New Yorker, I found the delivery a little refreshing, not a little lacking. Hell, in New york, we'd have phrased that a LOT f*cking bluer. Just sayin'.  :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline happyg

I'm not big on the 'f' word, either. However, sometimes I get so mad at Obummer and his groupies, that the word just falls out! Of course, I live alone, and I don't care what the cats think!

Offline xfreeper

The 'foul mouth delivery' is the northeast equivalent  of an exclamation point. As a lifelong New Yorker, I found the delivery a little refreshing, not a little lacking. Hell, in New york, we'd have phrased that a LOT f*cking bluer. Just sayin'.  :smokin:

Born and raised in NY so I understand what you are saying. I've also learned people will make judgements about you that will impact your life based on how you communicate

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm not big on the 'f' word, either. However, sometimes I get so mad at Obummer and his groupies, that the word just falls out! Of course, I live alone, and I don't care what the cats think!

You don't want to hear the mouth on this MBA husband of a classically trained opera singer.  :smokin:

Offline Carling

I grew up in Montana.  F*** was a part of our general discourse.  Former Sen. Conrad Burns, who is a friend of my family, should have patented it!

:whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline olde north church

Because sometimes golly, fornicate and suds just don't cut the f*ckin' mustard!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline PzLdr

Born and raised in NY so I understand what you are saying. I've also learned people will make judgements about you that will impact your life based on how you communicate

They can nail me on the accent alone. But, whern I have to, if I want to, I can 'talk' WASP with the best of them. I did when I was a prosecutor. Now [retired], not so much. F*ck 'em.  :whistle:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
They can nail me on the accent alone. But, whern I have to, if I want to, I can 'talk' WASP with the best of them. I did when I was a prosecutor. Now [retired], not so much. F*ck 'em.  :whistle:

That is an ability I envy. Being able to shift accents. Vocab is easy, accent is hard.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

That particular word has phenomenal use.  It, or derivations of it, can be a noun or verb.  It can be adjective or adverb.  It is also as common as the word "the" in the military so it seems appropriate to the situation. :silly:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Is it true that the F-word came from police usage of File Under Carnal Knowledge?  I heard that somewhere.

This is actually a word I say often - it just feels so good to let go with it!  Nothing else works as well - "fudge!" just doesn't quite cut it.  My mother was a cusser, I learned to cuss at her knee and she learned to cuss at her daddy's knee.   

In this usage, I think Mark Wahlberg has used precisely the right word!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Like all good cuss words, it is Saxon. Fokken. Means to strike - hence where we get the phrase "I'd hit it."

rangerrebew

Like all good cuss words, it is Saxon. Fokken. Means to strike - hence where we get the phrase "I'd hit it."

Go ahead!  Make sure the British get credit for this useful word. :silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Go ahead!  Make sure the British get credit for this useful word. :silly:

Got to go with first recorded usage.  :tongue2:

Offline olde north church

I thought it was mid Dutch, " to breed sheep"
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
That is an ability I envy. Being able to shift accents. Vocab is easy, accent is hard.

You should try going through life with a hard hillbilly-from-the-coal-fields-of-Kentucky accent (which I am completely proud to exhibit).  Luckily, most of the people around me talk the same way - but yeah - in certain situations you hide it the best you can.   
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:37:07 pm by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I thought it was mid Dutch, " to breed sheep"

You missed a word. "to breed with sheep."  :laugh:

Offline GourmetDan

Mark Wahlberg to Tom Cruise: ‘How F*cking Dare You’ Compare Acting to Afghanistan

'Shooter' is one of my favorite movies.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

Luckily, most of the people around me talk the same way - but yeah - in certain situations you hide it the best you can.   

There are a whole bunch of democrat politicians who hide the fact they are white when they go to black churches to give a speech. :0001:

Offline flowers

I am happy to see him bitch about this. I like most of his movies.