Author Topic: 3 students ambushed outside Brashear HS; Several taken into custody for questioning  (Read 655 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Via wpxi: http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/multiple-people-shot-outside-brashear-high-school/nbrPW/

PITTSBURGH —

Police have confirmed that three male students were ambushed and shot outside Brashear High School on Wednesday afternoon. According to detectives, several “persons of interest” have been taken into police custody for questioning.

Pittsburgh school district spokeswoman Ebony Pugh said the students were shot just before 3 p.m. as they walked to a vehicle they'd all taken to school earlier in the day. A relative of one of the victims said all three of the victims were friends.

Pugh said the victims were not on school property but close by. She said one victim was found inside the school but either ran inside or was taken there by emergency crews and wasn't shot inside school.

“The students ran to the school for safety. I want to be clear the shooting did not occur in the school,” acting Pittsburgh Police Chief Regina McDonald said.

One student was shot in the leg and foot, one was shot in the neck and shoulder, and one was grazed in the head. Pugh said two of the shooting victims are 11th-grade students and the third is in ninth grade.

“Right now, the only thing we know is he has been shot. He was shot in the neck,” said Terri Minor, the aunt one of the victims.

Richard said the victims were taken to UPMC Presbyterian Hospital and UPMC Mercy Hospital. They’re all listed in good to stable condition.

“At this time it appears the injuries are non-life threatening,” said city Public Safety Director Mike Huss.

More at link.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Tim Williams ‏@realtimwilliams 10m

#BREAKING: Pittsburgh police sources say Brashear HS shooting suspect is 16-yr AJ Willett. http://cbsloc.al/1bp6KtP  pic.twitter.com/FF3pTsqU6C

Online mountaineer

I just read at NBC news that this did not happen at the school, but a block or two away.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I just read at NBC news that this did not happen at the school, but a block or two away.

Yeah - it's the usual breaking news confusion and sensationalism.

The students ran to the school for safety. I want to be clear the shooting did not occur in the school
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:08:12 pm by EC »