Author Topic: Breaking: Speaker Boehner Kills Senate Amnesty Bill  (Read 587 times)

Offline flowers

Breaking: Speaker Boehner Kills Senate Amnesty Bill
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:43:36 pm »
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/11/94258-breaking-speaker-boehner-kills-gang-eights-amnesty-bill/

Speaker John Boehner has halted further talks on the Senate’s immigration package, and has stated that he has “no intention” of going to conference with the Gang of Eight to debate it further. That means amnesty’s not going anywhere in this Congress.

NBC News recently reported:

House Speaker John Boehner says he will not allow any House-passed immigration legislation to be blended with the Senate’s sweeping reform bill, further quashing the chances of comprehensive immigration reform legislation being signed into law anytime soon.

“We have no intention of ever going to conference on the Senate bill,” Boehner told reporters Wednesday. 

Boehner did say that while some action will be taken to reform illegal immigration policies, the GOP will not be rushed by the president’s timetable. “We’ve made it clear that we’re going to move on a common sense, step-by-step approach in terms of how we deal with immigration,” the Ohio Republican told a reporter at the Washington Times on Wednesday.

“The idea that we’re going to take up a 1,300-page bill that no one had ever read, which is what the Senate did, is not going to happen in the House,” the Speaker added. “And frankly, I’ll make clear we have no intention of ever going to conference on the Senate bill.”

While some, like Congressman Paul Ryan, believe there should be a conference on the immigration package put forth by the Gang of Eight, several Congressmen, including Senator Marco Rubio, have recently backed away from conference negotiations.

Although amnesty is not off the table in terms of further talks, both formal and informal, House Speaker John Boehner is now on record saying he has no desire to discuss the matter with the Senate. Which means that as far as this Congress is concerned, an amnesty deal is all but dead this year.

Looks like the Republicans might be serious about winning the 2014 elections after all. And the Obama lame duck just got a little lamer.

I don't believe it for a minute.

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Breaking: Speaker Boehner Kills Senate Amnesty Bill
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 09:45:40 pm »
It would be stupid when people are going bonkers over O Care and the people equally don't want amnesty for the GOP to let the Democrats off this hook they are swinging from by suddenly pushing amnesty........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »
VERY good news if he sticks to it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 10:13:53 pm »
We can pray that it's true.

We really, really need to pray for this country and its leaders, and this is part of it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 10:15:43 pm »
I trust what Boehner says every bit as much as I trust what Obama says. :nono: