Author Topic: Administration to release Obamacare enrollment numbers at 3:30 p.m. [updated:106,185 for the 1st month]  (Read 1902 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/11/administration-to-release-obamacare-enrollment-numbers-177441.html

Administration to release Obamacare enrollment numbers at 3:30 p.m.

By JENNIFER EPSTEIN |
11/13/13 2:21 PM EST

The Obama administration will on Wednesday release data on October enrollments through the federal health insurance exchange.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will release a report on the numbers at 3:30 p.m., and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius will discuss the findings on a press call then. The numbers are for people living in states using the federal exchange and not state exchanges, which have slowly been releasing their data.

The White House has been trying to lower already low expectations for the numbers, as press secretary Jay Carney did, yet again, at his daily briefing Wednesday. "No one will be satisfied with the numbers because they will be below what we sought" prior to the launch of the website, he told reporters.

Carney said he hadn't yet discussed the numbers with Obama.

Before HealthCare.gov's Oct. 1 launch, the administration said it expected what it cast then as a conservative number of 500,000 people to sign up for coverage during the first month of open enrollment. Instead, the number's expected to be just a tenth of that -- more in line with the 40,000-to-50,000 total reported by the Wall Street Journal earlier this week.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:37:20 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Administration to release Obamacare enrollment numbers at 3:30 p.m.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:22:49 pm »
I expect deliberate distortions, ambiguities, embellishments and deceptions.  The numbers will be ill-defined, uncertain and unclear.  Other than that, they won't mean much.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:23:36 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:33:06 pm »
106,185 for the 1st month
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 08:36:39 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/13/hhs-reports-106000-have-picked-health-plans-through-obamacare/

HHS reports 106,000 have picked health plans through ObamaCare exchanges
Published November 13, 2013
FoxNews.com

The Department of Health and Human Services reported Wednesday that more than 100,000 people have selected a health care plan through the ObamaCare exchanges -- a number that, likely due to widespread website failures, falls far short of the administration's goal.

The administration had originally hoped to sign up a half-million people in the first month of open enrollment. Now more than six weeks into the troubled launch of HealthCare.gov and other state-based exchanges, HHS announced Wednesday that 106,185 people had selected a plan as of Nov. 2.

The announcement had been highly anticipated, as lawmakers have been pressing the administration for weeks on official figures.

But even the statistic revealed on Wednesday might be inflated.

The administration said the figure counts all those who have selected a health care plan from state and federal exchanges, even if they haven't yet paid a premium on those plans.

One source explained to Fox News that no one is really "enrolled" until the insurance company knows about it.

Still, the numbers announced Wednesday stand as the most definitive account to date from the administration of how many people have been able to wade through the problem-plagued website and pick a plan.

The administration says a total of 975,407 applied for coverage and received an eligibility determination, but have not yet selected a plan. In addition to the 106,185 who have selected a plan, another 396,261 have been determined as eligible for Medicaid or a similar government program for children.
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 08:37:03 pm »
106,185 for the 1st month

I would be very interested in seeing the criteria used to determine what exactly constitutes an enrollment but that's pathetic in ANY case!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It’s Official: Obamacare Enrollment Is Super Low...[disaster]
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 09:05:07 pm »
http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/it-s-official-obamacare-enrollment-is-super-low-20131113

By Sam Baker
November 13, 2013

Roughly 100,000 people enrolled in health insurance through Obamacare last month – far short of the administration's goal.

The Health and Human Services Department said 106,185 people have successfully applied for and chosen private insurance through the health care law's new marketplaces. That total is only about 20 percent of the administration's initial enrollment target for October, the first month in which consumers were able to sign up for coverage.

Officials have long acknowledged they would fall short of that target because of the problems surrounding HealthCare.gov, the problem-plagued website that handles enrollment for 36 states.

HealthCare.gov has performed even worse than expected. Fewer than 27,000 people selected a plan through the website, compared with roughly 79,000 who picked a plan through the 15 state-based insurance exchanges. Unofficial estimates leaked earlier this week suggested the federal website had done slightly better.

Another 396,000 people have been approved for Medicaid benefits, according to HHS.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:06:55 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Let's see.  Over a million have lost their health insurance plans so far, with millions more soon to follow.  Only 100K have signed up for new plans, so that's a ratio of 9 to one on the opposite side of the ledger, all caused by a law that was supposedly designed to close the gap of uninsured.

But we do have good news.  Half a million new people are on Medicaid and the administration knows who they are, so they can be used in Democrat "Get Out the Vote" campaigns. 

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I am reading that their definition of "enrolled" is that fols have put their plan in their shopping cart, but have not yet pressed the "pay" button.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: It’s Official: Obamacare Enrollment Is Super Low...[disaster]
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 09:16:20 pm »
I wonder how many signed up that don't get the subsidy?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 09:17:28 pm »
I wonder how many signed up that don't get the subsidy?

Good question.  Bet we won't hear the number though.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

You won't believe this.  I just now received a phone call from Affordable Health Care (I did not pick up the phone and they didn't leave a message) I looked the phone number up online and a lot of people are receiving calls from this number - say they are selling some sort of insurance scam...  Marysville, Washington
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 09:25:59 pm »
Good question.  Bet we won't hear the number though.

Or how many were Medicaid signups?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The Health and Human Services Department said 106,185 people have successfully applied for and chosen private insurance through the health care law's new marketplaces.

Wonder how many will actually pay their premium when it comes down to it?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

396,000 on medicaid

Offline Rapunzel

Jim Angle said the people who placed this in their box but did not pay have until December 15th to actually decided to pull the trigger and pay for a policy for January 1st

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Jim Angle said the people who placed this in their box but did not pay have until December 15th to actually decided to pull the trigger and pay for a policy for January 1st

Yeah! And I'll wager a lot that the number who actually do that from this group won't come anywhere close to 106,000!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline xfreeper

You won't believe this.  I just now received a phone call from Affordable Health Care (I did not pick up the phone and they didn't leave a message) I looked the phone number up online and a lot of people are receiving calls from this number - say they are selling some sort of insurance scam...  Marysville, Washington

LOL The emails originating in Nigeria should begin shortly

Offline Rapunzel

LOL The emails originating in Nigeria should begin shortly

Yep... people need to be very wary.

Offline Rapunzel