Author Topic: Obamacare Ads  (Read 728 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Obamacare Ads
« on: November 13, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »

For real!

« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:32:54 PM by Lando Lincoln »
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: Obamacare Ads
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:21:17 PM »
Rush talking about them now

Support the USO

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 12:37:24 PM »
Never delude yourself into thinking you're "influencing" or making a difference on the internet. It is an ephemeral pleasure.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 12:38:38 PM »
I noticed they were all white girls.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »
Wow.  Notice the racial composition?  Only one non-white.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »
I noticed they were all white girls.

GMTA

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 12:45:02 PM »
So Obama thinks young women are just drunk sluts.
Obama thinks young men are drunk idiots.
Never delude yourself into thinking you're "influencing" or making a difference on the internet. It is an ephemeral pleasure.

Offline aligncare

• Congrats Donald Trump! 45th POTUS!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 12:45:17 PM »
It's an appalling world we live in today. In the 1960s some of our parents worried about changing mores warned us about a slippery slope. They were right. Society's gone over the edge.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 12:47:41 PM by aligncare »
Some #NeverTrumpers are like the pockets of Japanese who didn't know the war was over

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »
Not even very good looking girls.

Remind me of the ones people would refer to as "Penicillin."
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
Are the millennials so stupid that they will fall for this?  They can get their birth control pills at Walgreens for a lot less than their monthly Obamacare premium would cost.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 01:17:58 PM »
Are the millennials so stupid that they will fall for this?

Speaking as someone who falls right in between Generation-X and Y (millennials), I can say that many will fall for it.  Their attention span is about 5 minutes.  All they care about is themselves, being taken care of by someone else, having fun (aka hooking up), and wasting time on social media.  Of course there are plenty of others who will not; not everyone 35 and younger is stupid.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 03:44:15 PM »
"Do you got"??? Really?
Grrrrr.
Just being unique doesn't make you useful.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • ^^ Actual picture of me.
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »
This is not going to work... at all. My generation may be stupid, but they're far more altruistic than most give them credit for.

They could easily target this generation with something like:
"By buying health insurance, you make it easier for your friends with health problems to pay for the health care they need to stay alive and healthy. Plus, you never know when you might have health problems of your own."
Perhaps even tie it in with the Christian moral of healing the sick. That might work with this generation.

They may be idiots when it comes to politics but they are not hedonists by any stretch.
STILL a proud supporter of the Free Conservative Resistance (no affiliation with the left-wing "Resistance")

"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie

Offline olde north church

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 04:24:11 PM »
It's like the scene in "Hard Day's Night" where they are talking about the teen dance show hostess.  They turned down the volume and said rude things.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
This is not going to work... at all. My generation may be stupid, but they're far more altruistic than most give them credit for.

They could easily target this generation with something like:
"By buying health insurance, you make it easier for your friends with health problems to pay for the health care they need to stay alive and healthy. Plus, you never know when you might have health problems of your own."
Perhaps even tie it in with the Christian moral of healing the sick. That might work with this generation.

They may be idiots when it comes to politics but they are not hedonists by any stretch.

Good to hear.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 05:28:18 PM »
We are the people our parents warned us about. : /

I worked in the Advertising/Motion Picture Industry for many years.. including Hollyweird. It made my stomach turn, literally. Ultimately, the money couldn't even keep me. The culture of decadence. *spit*

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Itchy yet?
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 06:10:44 PM »
We are the people our parents warned us about. : /

I worked in the Advertising/Motion Picture Industry for many years.. including Hollyweird. It made my stomach turn, literally. Ultimately, the money couldn't even keep me. The culture of decadence. *spit*

Good money? You got to be camera or lighting.
Anyone who tells you you can't buy happiness has never been in a book store or an animal shelter.

You are the result of 3 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf