Author Topic: MSNBC Panel: Obama’s Biography Keeps Him From Issuing ‘Course Correction’ on Obamacare  (Read 763 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-panel-obamas-biography-keeps-him-from-issuing-course-correction-on-obamacare/

MSNBC Panel: Obama’s Biography Keeps Him From Issuing ‘Course Correction’ on Obamacare
by Evan McMurry | 7:48 am, November 13th, 2013

A Morning Joe panel Wednesday morning argued that President Barack Obama’s biography worked against his ability to effect a “course correction” to the dysfunctional Affordable Care Act rollout, and that instead his self-reliance will work against him by convincing him to dig in his heels on process.

“Do we have anything in Obama’s life where he’s been able to do a course correction?” guest and historian Jon Meacham asked. “And is there anything in his life experience, which is something that’s important to all of us, naturally—but he’s so much a candidate of biography?”

“I can’t really think of anything and, in part, it’s because, you know, he got to the White House, relatively speaking, without a lot of the struggles that other presidential candidates have had,” host Joe Scarborough said. Scarborough contrasted Obama’s career to Bill Clinton’s, in which the latter had to claw his way into the Arkansas governor’s mansion twice, and successfully tamed a GOP House by triangulating on major issues. “Bill Clinton was constantly having to remake himself.”

“My fear is the biographical impulse is the opposite,” Meacham said. “That having to raise himself, having to be so self-reliant—the father gone, the mother [passed]—what his first forty-four years taught him is that if he relies on himself, he’ll do well. He becomes the President of the United States when he’s forty-six year old. That psychological makeup leads to—”

“‘I’m going to count on me and nobody else,’” guest Donny Deutsch finished.

Watch the clip below, via MSNBC: at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

My God.  Just say his narcissism is a problem and move on.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline olde north church

I'm betting the "spit or swallow" debate never arises with this crowd.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online andy58-in-nh

My God.  Just say his narcissism is a problem and move on.

Obama makes Narcissus look like Woody Allen.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

“My fear is the biographical impulse is the opposite,” Meacham said. “That having to raise himself, having to be so self-reliant—the father gone, the mother [passed]—what his first forty-four years taught him is that if he relies on himself, he’ll do well. He becomes the President of the United States when he’s forty-six year old. That psychological makeup leads to—”

“‘I’m going to count on me and nobody else,’” guest Donny Deutsch finished.

What utter BS.  Rely on himself and nobody else?  What a crock.  The man is well known for foisting tasks on everyone else and walking away.  Obamacare was crafted by Pelosi and other insane liberals.  He went to bed so someone else had to deal with Benghazi. 

I highly doubt his admission to Columbia was anything other than an affirmative action admission.   His associations with Frank Marshall Davis and the Chicago political machine got him into the Illinois State Senate.  Bill Ayers wrote his books. 

Come on.  Rely on himself?  Seriously?

Offline happyg

What utter BS.  Rely on himself and nobody else?  What a crock.  The man is well known for foisting tasks on everyone else and walking away.  Obamacare was crafted by Pelosi and other insane liberals.  He went to bed so someone else had to deal with Benghazi. 

I highly doubt his admission to Columbia was anything other than an affirmative action admission.   His associations with Frank Marshall Davis and the Chicago political machine got him into the Illinois State Senate.  Bill Ayers wrote his books. 

Come on.  Rely on himself?  Seriously?

Yep! Obama was a drifter, who was content snorting dope. He was originally financed and cared for by his grandparents, who he threw over the wayside. After all, it was about him. And then, the mentors took over, creating a person out of wood, much like Geppetto  created Pinocchio, and with a similar personality.