Author Topic: What Is the Real Unemployment Rate?  (Read 601 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Is the Real Unemployment Rate?
« on: November 13, 2013, 03:55:46 pm »
http://pjmedia.com/blog/what-is-the-real-unemployment-rate/?singlepage=true

What Is the Real Unemployment Rate?
It's far higher than the official 7.3 percent.

by
Tom Blumer

Just beneath the surface, the government’s latest employment report shows how much damage the POR (Pelosi-Obama-Reid) economy, now well into its sixth year, has done to the country’s economic fabric. The impact of Obamacare, if it isn’t stopped, will only compound it.

Even the relatively decent news in Uncle Sam’s October report was suspect.

Employers are said to have added 204,000 seasonally adjusted jobs. But as the Associated Press noted, the government, thanks to the 17 percent government shutdown, had an extra week to retrieve its surveys from employers, and therefore had a higher than usual response rate. It doesn’t seem as if this should matter, but apparently the Bureau of Labor Statistics has a history of estimating high in its initial releases when it has more time to collect and assemble the data. Additionally, economist Mark Zandi believes that “businesses may have inadvertently counted employment for an extra week.”

Even more questionable are the BLS’s revisions to August and September. As seen below, the raw (i.e., not seasonally adjusted) figures show no revised net improvement during those two months. But that goose egg somehow turned into 60,000 additional jobs during seasonal conversion:

more.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: What Is the Real Unemployment Rate?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 04:01:43 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: What Is the Real Unemployment Rate?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 04:15:26 pm »
Bigun has clearly demonstrated how DOL's figures have been diddled to badly as to be completely meaningless.  Yet another ongoing lie by this Regime.