Author Topic: Feds blame spam, consumer computers for new Obamacare glitches By PAUL BEDARD  (Read 1208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/feds-blame-spam-consumer-computers-for-new-obamacare-glitches/article/2539026

Feds blame spam, consumer computers for new Obamacare glitches
By PAUL BEDARD | NOVEMBER 13, 2013 AT 9:20 AM

Spam filters, overflowing browser histories and web caches on the computers of Americans trying to sign up for Obamacare are now being cited for why consumers can’t complete their applications for federally-sanctioned health insurance.

In an new blog post and webpage, the Obamacare fix-it team said that they are tracking down those who tried but failed to sign up over the past six weeks to urge them to try again.

In some cases, however, the team said that account confirmations are getting caught in spam filters.

“If you haven’t received your account verification email, check your inbox and your spam folder for an email from us with the subject line ‘Marketplace account created,” said the a new tip page on healthcare.gov.

Another tip suggested that Americans take better care of their computers and clean out their cache if they want Obamacare’s HealthCare.gov site to work best. “If pages appear to load slowly, please be patient. Sometimes, it helps to clear out the web browser’s history and cache, close the browser completely and try again,” said the website.

For those who tried earlier to sign up but failed, the administration is hunting for you.

“We know that in the first days of open enrollment many consumers tried to log in to the Marketplace on HealthCare.gov— and to take the first step to create an online account— but had trouble. While working to improve our systems, we’ve been conducting analysis to identify those consumers who may have been unsuccessful in creating accounts at that time.

“Today we’re beginning to send messages to those consumers who had account creation issues to let them know they can now try again. And we’re providing them with instructions about how to get enrolled—and some tips. We have also posted a consumer blog on this https://www.healthcare.gov/blog/3-tips-to-remember-when-you-create-a-marketplace-account/.

“We’ll continue to actively communicate with consumers about where they are in the process and what they need to do to complete enrollment over time. As we go forward, we continue to make progress on HealthCare.gov. We have the right team in place and a relentless focus on getting the job done quickly and well. The site is getting better each week, and by the end of November, it will be working smoothly for the vast majority of users.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Wow!  I see where a couple of 20 year old kids have built a web site better than Obamacare already.  I guess they didn't face spam and consumer computers. :shrug:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Of course it's your computer's fault...!!

"I'm not saying it's your fault, I said I'm blaming you."

Offline Rapunzel

This is the first time I can recall the government being allowed to email you do I CAN imagine it is going to spam.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

This is the first time I can recall the government being allowed to email you do I CAN imagine it is going to spam.

Isn't it against the law to send business e-mails without the recipients' permission?  Or is that permission given when you are being "taxed" for the info? :shrug:

Offline Rapunzel

Isn't it against the law to send business e-mails without the recipients' permission?  Or is that permission given when you are being "taxed" for the info? :shrug:

It is illegal for the IRS (for example) to email you and HIPPA has stringent rules about privacy which are totally out the window thanks to EHR and O-Care..... and certainly since the IRS administers this abomination sending emails re the AFA should be in line with the IRS not being allowed to contact you by email.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

Did Obama say that was illegal?  Because apparently the only things that are illegal or unconstitutional are what Obama says are today.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Rapunzel

Did Obama say that was illegal?  Because apparently the only things that are illegal or unconstitutional are what Obama says are today.

good point...  and evidentally congress is willing to let him get away with it... because I hear {{{crickets}}}