Author Topic: Pelosi: 'Nothing' in Obamacare 'Said That Your Insurance Company Should Cancel You"  (Read 857 times)

Offline happyg

BY JOHN MCCORMACK

One week ago, President Obama apologized for giving millions of Americans false assurances that they could keep their health care plans if they liked them. At a press conference Thursday evening, House Democratic leaders Nancy Pelosi, Steny Hoyer, Xavier Becerra, and Jim Clyburn were asked if they would like to apologize for making the same false claim. All of them declined.

Nancy Pelosi, left, and Barack Obama, right.

"I don't think there's anything for us to apologize for," said Clyburn.

"There is nothing in the Affordable Care Act that said that your insurance company should cancel you," said Minority Leader Pelosi.

In fact, the Affordable Care Act says that plans purchased after March of 2010 must be cancelled, and the law also gave the administration the authority to write regulations that forced the cancellation of some policies that existed prior to March 2010.

"Did I ever tell my constituents that if they liked their plan they could keep it?" Pelosi asked. "I would have if I'd ever met anybody who liked his or her plan. But that was not my experience."

In fact, Pelosi's website still states: "Keep your doctor, and your current plan, if you like them."

"As far as the Affordable Care Act is concerned, what the president said was completely accurate," Pelosi said.

At his press conference Thursday afternoon, President Obama said, "With respect to the pledge I made that if you like your plan, you can keep it, I think -- and I’ve said in interviews -- that there is no doubt that the way I put that forward unequivocally ended up not being accurate." 

"It was not because of my intention not to deliver on that commitment and that promise," Obama said. "We put a grandfather clause into the law, but it was insufficient."

http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/pelosi-nothing-obamacare-said-your-insurance-company-should-cancel-you_767125.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
So the Democrat plan is to heap more lies on top of the mountain of lies.

Got it.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Somebody needs to tell Nancy....that ship has sailed.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald