Author Topic: Charles Krauthammer: Death of 'liberalism'  (Read 1376 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charles Krauthammer: Death of 'liberalism'
« on: November 13, 2013, 01:45:53 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=AD940AC8-AAC5-4CDD-8917-77A05163A490

Charles Krauthammer: Death of 'liberalism'
By: Jose DelReal
November 13, 2013 06:50 AM EST

Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer sees “the collapse of American liberalism” in sight, in no small part because of the troubled rollout of the Affordable Care Act.

“We have not just Obamacare unraveling, not just the Obama administration unraveling, not just the Democratic majority of the Senate [unraveling], but we could be looking at the collapse of American liberalism,” Krauthammer told Bill O’Reilly Tuesday. “Obamacare is the big thing for them. The biggest in a hundred years.”

Krauthammer addressed tensions and tactical disagreements within the Republican Party — particularly related to the government shutdown in October — and said he believes this is an important opportunity for conservatives to unite.

“This is a moment where we have to be calm. We have to understand what holds us together on the right. We have to watch and explain why the failure of the left is happening. And if we do that, we will win,” he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: Charles Krauthammer: Death of 'liberalism'
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:56:54 pm »
Not so fast, big boy. :nono:  The death of the republican party was forecast after the election of the anointed one.  As Hitler noted people have incredibly short memories and with the MSM helping them, the liberals will be around for a long time, probably longer than the republicans if they don't do something to save themselves.  They're beginning to act like they are on welfare. 88kleenix
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:57:30 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 02:39:13 pm »
Dr. Krauthammer is right as rain! This Obamacare debacle has the potential to set liberalism back half a century! Whether or not that will be exploited remains to be seen and It definitely won't be done by the GOP if the current leaders of that party remain in their posts!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 02:54:32 pm »
Not so fast, big boy. :nono:  The death of the republican party was forecast after the election of the anointed one.  As Hitler noted people have incredibly short memories and with the MSM helping them, the liberals will be around for a long time, probably longer than the republicans if they don't do something to save themselves.  They're beginning to act like they are on welfare. 88kleenix

Who knew Charlie was such a wide-eyed optimist?!

I agree with you rangerrebew, Charlie is dead wrong on this one.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 03:03:13 pm »

“This is a moment where we have to be calm. We have to understand what holds us together on the right. We have to watch and explain why the failure of the left is happening. And if we do that, we will win,” he said.

Hmmm... didn't someone around here just preach something similar?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 03:19:41 pm »

Yep!    :nometalk:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 03:30:09 pm »
Who knew Charlie was such a wide-eyed optimist?!

I agree with you rangerrebew, Charlie is dead wrong on this one.

I know that I'm just about as sick of the nattering nabobs of negativity on my side as I am the Dimocrats on the other side!

Plenty of mistakes have been made in the past - I know because I was witness to most of them -  but I fail to understand what is to be gained by whining over things that are already done and no one can do anything at all about!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 03:34:04 pm »

And anyone who thinks that what Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and the House republicans did damaged the cause in any way long term is delusional!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 03:39:37 pm »
I know that I'm just about as sick of the nattering nabobs of negativity on my side as I am the Dimocrats on the other side!

Not sure what you're ranting about, but thank you Spiro.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:39 pm »
Not sure what you're ranting about, but thank you Spiro.

What I'm ranting about is those around here who post nothing but negative comments about EVERYTHING!

Hope that clears it up for you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 03:53:37 pm »
What I'm ranting about is those around here who post nothing but negative comments about EVERYTHING!

Hope that clears it up for you!

Hmmmm... so you're being negative to, and about those who are negative?

I hope it works out better for you than it did for Spiro.

By the way, disagreeing with Charles Kruathammer's opinion is hardly negativity. Besides, Krauthammer is routinely derided for his Democrat past, so it's not like he's a pillar of conservatism.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:55:08 pm by Relic »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 03:54:59 pm »
Hmmmm... so you're being negative to, and about those who are negative?

I hope it works out better for you than it did for Spiro.

Thanks! I do appreciate that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 04:20:07 pm »
My head hurts.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 04:22:54 pm »
Charles has tunnel vision on this one.  All he sees is the defeat of Liberalism, but those very same liberals are about to bring the Country to its knees.  Liberalism may fade away in the long term but it may well succeed in destroying the Republic in the process.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 04:49:10 pm »
From the birth of mankind the unwashed will always find away around the Emperor. 
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 04:52:00 pm »
Krauthammer could not be more wrong.  People are upset at Obama care, but they are addicts to the entitlement system.  The demographics and social mores of this society are making the matter worse.  Look for complete government healthcare as the solution.  S