Author Topic: Stop the madness: third person reports being anally violated by police  (Read 3583 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Stop the madness: third person reports being anally violated by police
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 02:32:25 pm »
Absolutely.  This War on (Some) Drugs has been a magnificent way to separate us from hundreds of billions of our dollars and to slowly tilt the populace toward giving up more and more freedom and liberty each passing day.  And sadly, it's been a huge success (though I doubt it's done a whit to lessen drug consumption)!!

And that's the kicker. The war onsome drugs - but not all. As a society do we really need to spend billions of dollars a year? Seems to me that money could be better spent.

I give up. I don't even want to discuss this. We end up making the same circular arguments. The subject is just too depressing for one more go around.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2013, 04:29:50 pm »
And that's the kicker. The war onsome drugs - but not all. As a society do we really need to spend billions of dollars a year? Seems to me that money could be better spent.

I give up. I don't even want to discuss this. We end up making the same circular arguments. The subject is just too depressing for one more go around.

I hear you on that AC, very much so.  It's kinda why I will go long periods of time without posting at all....

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 10:20:47 pm »

I have a difficult time wrapping my brain around you insisting drugs be legalized on one hand and on the other hand supporting restrictions on what foods we can choose to eat.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 11:46:14 pm »
You have me wrong. I don't want restrictions on food we choose to eat. Notice what I said, choose to eat.

As it stands now manufacturers put ingredients in food that don't belong there – hydrogenated oils where they are not found in nature. Instead I argue for full disclosure. The decision to eat saturated fats should be mine, not the manufacturers just because it extends shelf life, which of itself is not natural. I think it's healthy to eat butter and eggs and cream and beef. Those foods are part of our evolutionary success as a species.

But with recent changes in food technology, when manufacturers put saturated fat in places where it's not found in nature? And in high concentrations? Ubiquitously in a majority of our foods, sweet and savory? Then the choice is no longer mine to make. It's everywhere and only an astute consumer can avoid getting such high concentrations.

Nutrition has been a hot topic of discussion in magazines and in popular culture for decades. We have the knowledge, yet the high rates of obesity and heart disease speak to the truth of what I'm saying.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 11:50:55 pm »
You have me wrong. I don't want restrictions on food we choose to eat. Notice what I said, choose to eat.

As it stands now manufacturers put ingredients in food that don't belong there – hydrogenated oils where they are not found in nature. Instead I argue for full disclosure. The decision to eat saturated fats should be mine, not the manufacturers just because it extends shelf life, which of itself is not natural. I think it's healthy to eat butter and eggs and cream and beef. Those foods are part of our evolutionary success as a species.

But with recent changes in food technology, when manufacturers put saturated fat in places where it's not found in nature? And in high concentrations? Ubiquitously in a majority of our foods, sweet and savory? Then the choice is no longer mine to make. It's everywhere and only an astute consumer can avoid getting such high concentrations.

Nutrition has been a hot topic of discussion in magazines and in popular culture for decades. We have the knowledge, yet the high rates of obesity and heart disease speak to the truth of what I'm saying.

Yes, AC but we do "choose" to eat those things, no one twists our arms to eat crap and if we didn't eat it then manufacturers would take it out on their own without the government getting involved...   I do not choose to eat those things - I don't need to government to protect me from my choices and there is where your support for leagalizing drugs comes in - I don't choose to smoke crack or use heroine and even if the government didn't make it illegal I would still refrain from it because frankly I don't understand why people choose to smoke, drink or do drugs and fog their brains.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 12:03:18 am »
By the way, I never once said that I think the government should ban hydrogenated oils. My argument has always centered on why saturated fats shouldn't be in all of our foods. But because it's in so much of our food – I can see why the FDA might want to ban it. However, I never said I support a ban.