Author Topic: VA’s Youth Broke For The Republican: Are Millennials A Cautionary Tale For New Voters?  (Read 575 times)

Offline happyg

By Amy Otto   

“According to exit poll data posted by CNN, Cuccinelli beat Gov.-elect Terry McAuliffe 45-39 percent with that group, though the Democrat won voters ages 25-29 by a margin of 50-35 percent.” – Politico

The 18-24 voters broke pretty big for Cuccinelli, but that changes once you lump in the “wiser” millennials — branded by Rick Wilson as the Lena Dunham demographic, humorously of course. But therein might lie why there’s a change.

If you’ve ever watched Girls or have been aware of the things Lena Dunham says, you’d see a portrait of narcissism and entitlement. The sporadic insights are generally suppressed by a supreme unawareness of the first two traits. It’s possible that the 18-24 demographic is seeing what the millennial belief system has generated as far as outcomes. Maybe they’re wising up to them not being solid role models, but rather cautionary tales.

Can you imagine the excitement of tuning in to watch Hollywood interpret the glory of American youth as unpaid internships with few to little genuine loving relationships, mixed with a giant sense of entitlement without demonstration of earning anything?

To that sense of entitlement: there’s been a premise pushed in faux-feminism circles that Girls all but embodies. It is the idea that the women on the show are entitled to men wanting them. Despite any flaw — whether it be physical, emotional, or a lack of accomplishments — they are owed a relationship with a man. Based on this premise, any poor behavior or lack of interest in their appearance cannot be the cause of why he didn’t call back. It’s simply not possible.

Yet this doesn’t often result in good outcomes for the women. To share a space with reality even the writer occasionally realizes there will be negative consequences.

So since the central conceit of feminism (that one is owed a man’s attention) cannot be questioned — yet results in women being quite incapable of sustaining a relationship — we must pretend that obtaining said relationship is no longer important. We wouldn’t want to dispute the tenants of feminism:
◾He should love you and put up with any behavior you throw at him.  Its “quirky” and not deranged that you question him about everything he feels at every moment.
◾You don’t have to be particularly accomplished or worthy of his time. Being a woman is enough. You go, girl!
◾You are as beautiful as a supermodel no matter who you are — and men who dare to seek out a woman of similar or slightly higher attractiveness are craven idiots. You deserve a man as handsome as you would like him to be.
◾If it’s something that females experience, everyone else should pay for it too.
◾Corporations purposely pursue “sexist” strategies to exclude 50% of the market. Society is so inherently sexist that profit comes after the deliberate exclusion of women.

I say all these things as someone who was fed this nonsense by our culture and who partially bought into it for years — years of being single I might add.  As a piece of advice, I stopped being single the moment I gave up on games, listening to other people’s bad advice, trying “the rules” or whatever else was trendy — and I just focused on being the best version of myself that was possible. And, yes, that included diet and exercise.

You aren’t owed a Brad Pitt if you look like a Lena Dunham. Sorry folks, but human beings are also visual creatures. Unless you plan on blinding everybody, both sexes will be judged by their appearance

More at link: http://www.pocketfullofliberty.com/younger-voters/

Offline olde north church

Gayness is the exponential expression of the entitlement mentality.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Lena Dunham is freaking ugly as can be, and not just in looks.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton