Author Topic: Scenes of devastation and some relief after Typhoon Haiyan  (Read 716 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scenes of devastation and some relief after Typhoon Haiyan
« on: November 12, 2013, 02:06:04 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/11/world/asia/typhoon-haiyan-vignettes/index.html?sr=fb111213tyhpoonhaiyan9a

Scenes of devastation and some relief after Typhoon Haiyan
From Paula Hancocks. Anna Coren. Andrew Stevens and Ivan Watson, CNN
updated 7:52 PM EST, Mon November 11, 2013

Tacloban, Philippines (CNN) -- Surrounded by rubble, children swarm around a public well in this storm-ravaged city, where bodies are still lying in the streets days after a deadly typhoon struck.

The children douse themselves with water and fill plastic cups and jugs.

"Even though we're not sure that it is clean and safe," Roselda Sumapit said, "we still drink it, because we need to survive."

The scene on a street in the city of Tacloban is one of many CNN reporters and others have witnessed as residents deal with the death and destruction that Typhoon Haiyan left behind when the massive storm tore through the Philippines:

'Worse than hell' in typhoon-ravaged Philippines

'We don't have anything to eat'

As they searched for loved ones lost in the storm, desperate survivors asked for help.

"Our house got demolished," one woman told CNN affiliate ABS-CBN. "My father died after being hit by falling wooden debris. We are calling for your help. If possible, please bring us food. We don't have anything to eat."

A man begged for forgiveness because he couldn't save his daughter from the typhoon's wrath.

"We all got separated from each other when the strong waves hit," he told ABS-CBN. "We got separated. I couldn't even hold on to my child."

Another man said he was still trying to find six family members.

"My child has been buried in that island," he said.

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

Re: Scenes of devastation and some relief after Typhoon Haiyan
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:18:20 pm »
From the looks of the pictures, it's a wonder anyone survived. I hope they get all the help they need, and rebuild quickly. Those poor survivors who have lost so much more than material things are in my prayers. My former doctor is from the Philippines, and I imagine he will go back and help. He is that kind of man.