Author Topic: A Mass Shooting Happened This Week In Detroit, But You Probably Didn't Hear About It  (Read 596 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
I have a black friend who was visiting Detroit and was waiting for a stoplight at about 11 PM.  Suddenly a cop was behind him with flashers going.  The cop came to the guy's window and said, you're not from Detroit, are you?  Of course my friend said no sir.  The cop then said I could tell since no one from Detroit actually waits at a stop light, its too dangerous.  Just a charming story about the place.

I know the article wasn't about that but the story is correct in that black on black crime doesn't creative any incentive to buy a paper, or put another way, sell advertising.  Its as common the sun rising in the morning.  But somehow people of the ilk of Al Sharptongue and J$ss$ J$cks$n expect me to feel guilt that it is something I could prevent, or should, because I'm white.  That crap doesn't work with me.  Buy the way, did you know J$ss$ J$cks$n once had the tires on his SUV ripped off while giving a speech in Detroit? :silly:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline xfreeper

They began exchanging gunfire.

Exchanging suggests someone is firing back at you. It doesn't sound like that was the case

Offline GourmetDan

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

From what I understand, the barber shop is THE place to be in those communities.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline GourmetDan

Buy the way, did you know J$ss$ J$cks$n once had the tires on his SUV ripped off while giving a speech in Detroit? :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf