Author Topic: Report: Jim Inhofe son dies in plane crash  (Read 1638 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Jim Inhofe son dies in plane crash
« on: November 11, 2013, 10:53:42 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=D5C52685-86F9-443D-99AA-E8D357424EF9

Report: Jim Inhofe son dies in plane crash
By: Kevin Robillard
November 11, 2013 03:19 PM EST

Sen. Jim Inhofe’s son, Perry, died in a plane crash on Sunday, an Oklahoma TV station is reporting.

KOCO-TV in Oklahoma City reported the news, citing a source close to the senator. The plane crashed around 4 p.m. Sunday in Owasso, a northern suburb of Tulsa. The plane’s pilot radioed to Tulsa International Airport about 15 minutes before the crash.

It wasn’t clear if Perry Inhofe was flying the plane when it went down. The elder Inhofe is a well-known pilot and taught his son to fly more than three decades ago, according to a General Aviation News story from September.

The Tulsa World reported the plane was owned by a company linked to the younger Inhofe, who works as an orthopedic surgeon.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Report: Jim Inhofe son dies in plane crash
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 12:39:46 am »
KTUL:  Sen. Jim Inhofe's son was killed in yesterday's plane crash in Owasso, multiple sources confirm.

FAA documents show Anasazi Winds, LLC filed an application to register the aircraft in September.

The senator's son, Perry Inhofe, is listed as the owner of that company, according to the Oklahoma Secretary of State's website.

The plane crashed Sunday near 98th Street North and Memorial.

Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett offered condolences on behalf of the city of Tulsa.

“It is with deep sorrow that we give our condolences to Tulsa's former Mayor Jim Inhofe and his family," Bartlett said in a statement.

"Dr. Perry Inhofe was a man of great integrity, skilled as a surgeon, and an example for all of us. His love for his family and of his profession will always be remembered. I am asking all Tulsans to remember Dr. Inhofe and keep his dear family in our prayers.”

Congressman Markwayne Mullin also offered his condolences.

"Our prayers are with the Inhofe family as we grieve alongside them in the loss of their son Perry," Mullin said. "We will continue to respect the family's privacy during this difficult time and ask others to do the same."

NTSB investigators say the plane left Salina, Kansas around 3 p.m. Sunday and was en route to Tulsa International Airport when it crashed at 3:45.

Investigators said they would spend the next couple of days at the crash site and expect to release a preliminary report on the cause of the crash sometime next week.

Randy Pope lives nearby and witnessed the crash.  "I heard this plane fly over and I thought boy that's strange it's flying so low, but we have planes fly over all the time and then I heard this thump, I guess you would call it or poof noise and then dead silence," Pope said.

He has lived in this area for 20 years and says he hasn't seen anything like this. After the noise he said they saw smoke.

"Then we heard another explosion but it wasn't super loud and then it really started smoking bad," Pope said.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 01:23:24 am »
Sorry to hear this. 

One thing i refuse to do is fly in one of these small airplanes.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 01:29:30 am »
One thing i refuse to do is fly in one of these small airplanes.

Safer than driving.  I won't do it because my stomach doesn't like turbulence and small aircraft bounce around too much.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline happyg

BREAKING: GOP Sen. Jim Inhofe’s Son Dies In Plane Crash…
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 02:28:32 am »
Thoughts and prayers to the Inhofe family.

Via KOCO:

source close to Sen. Jim Inhofe has confirmed that his son, Dr. Perry Inhofe, was on board a plane that crashed near Owasso, Okla. on Sunday. Perry Inhofe was killed in the crash.

Dr. Perry Inhofe was an orthopedic surgeon in Tulsa. According to his biographical information on the Central States Orthopedics website, Inhofe attended Duke University and studied biomedical engineering and electrical engineering. He graduated in 1984.

Perry Inhofe then attended Washington University in St. Louis for medical school. He graduated in 1988 and did postgraduate training at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis and the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/11/11/breaking-gop-sen-jim-inhofes-son-dies-in-plane-crash/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: BREAKING: GOP Sen. Jim Inhofe’s Son Dies In Plane Crash…
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 02:38:14 am »
Very, very sad.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: BREAKING: GOP Sen. Jim Inhofe’s Son Dies In Plane Crash…
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 02:54:30 am »
Very, very sad.

Yes indeed!

Wondering if he was the pilot. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 06:06:29 am »
Senator Jim Inhofe's orthopedic surgeon son dies piloting private aircraft in fireball crash outside Tulsa

Controversial Republican Oklahoma Senator Jim Inhofe has confirmed that his son died in a plane crash on Sunday.

Dr. Perry Inhofe worked as an orthopedic surgeon in Tulsa and was piloting the Mitsubishi MU-2B-25 twin turboprop aircraft that came down five miles from Tulsa International Airport.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokesman George Brown said authorities confirmed that one person died in the crash which occurred at 3.40 p.m.in a heavily wooded area.

According to flight tracking websites the aircraft took off from Salina, Kansas and was due to land at the airport after a 45 minute flight.

Pilots cleared to land after the fatal crash reported to Tulsa World that the aircraft Dr. Inhofe was flying experienced engine failure.

Witnesses Jake Bray and his uncle, Bryon Fry, were in the woods when the plane crashed about 400 yards away.

'I saw it go over once and don't think anything of it,' Bray said to Tulsa World. 'Then it circled around and I saw one propeller out. Then it nosed down and went down hard.

'It started spiraling out of control and it hit the ground.

'We were talking about trying and maybe pulling the guy out if that was possible.

'It was fully engulfed when we got there and it looked like the wings had come detached. There were tires popping ... There was nothing we could do.'

Dr. Perry Inhofe is an orthopedic surgeon with Central States Orthopedics in Tulsa and received a degree in biomedical engineering and electrical engineering from Duke University in 1984.

More at link:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2501451/Senator-Jim-Inhofes-orthopedic-surgeon-son-dies-piloting-private-aircraft-fireball-crash-outside-Tulsa.html#ixzz2kPOgGYiQ

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 08:01:16 am »
Controversial???????????  I don't think you can call him "controversial" sheesh can't these people just write a nice article without the slams.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 03:07:03 pm »
I can't tell you how many times I seen things like this with medical doctors flying small aircraft. They can afford high performance planes but can't seem to find the time to invest in learning how to fly the darned things!

Tragic!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rustynail

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 03:14:05 pm »
Dr. Inhofe has been a commercial pilot since 2009 and was certified as a flight instructor in February of 2012.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 03:17:30 pm »
Dr. Inhofe has been a commercial pilot since 2009 and was certified as a flight instructor in February of 2012.

That's encouraging to know.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:27:53 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2013, 12:05:38 am »
I read it was probably mechanical failure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org