Author Topic: John McCain: People Are Telling Me ‘Run for President Again’  (Read 3187 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John McCain: People Are Telling Me ‘Run for President Again’
« on: November 11, 2013, 07:13:16 pm »
http://www.mediaite.com/online/john-mccain-people-are-telling-me-run-for-president-again/

John McCain: People Are Telling Me ‘Run for President Again’
by Evan McMurry | 11:01 am, November 11th, 2013

Senator and former Republican presidential nominee John McCain (R-AZ) told reporters over the weekend that he would likely not attempt another run at the presidency—despite what he called multiple requests to do just that.

“Particularly since the shutdown, I’ve had a spate of emails and letters and phone calls saying, ‘Run for president again,’” McCain said. “As you know, I’m seriously thinking about running for reelection to the Senate. But I think, in the words of the late Morris K. Udall, as far as my presidential ambitions are concerned, ‘The people have spoken—the bastards.’”

McCain, who will be eighty in 2016, said he was not seriously considering a run, though an Arizona pollster said he’d been hearing renewed interest in a McCain campaign, and that the senator emerged from the government shutdown with much higher poll numbers than his more strident colleagues.

“After McCain said he was considering running for reelection in 2016, some headlines might have left the mistaken impression that he was considering another presidential bid rather than simply running for reelection,” Washington Post’s Aaron Blake said. “It’s possible that the questions from out-of-state reporters might have been in response to these misperceptions.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: John McCain: People Are Telling Me ‘Run for President Again’
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:17:36 pm »
Only the voices in your head.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 07:22:43 pm »
A "lighter side of the news" item?

I like a little humor to start off the week.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 07:40:01 pm »
 :nometalk:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 07:53:00 pm »
This makes perfect sense...on the heels of his daughter telling us that people are telling her she's the face of the 'new' Republican party.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 07:59:45 pm »
I thought Miley Cyrus was the one who's been smoking weed.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 08:21:22 pm »

You beat me to it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LambChop

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 08:43:26 pm »

Yeah, and when he takes his meds they only whisper

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 08:51:57 pm »
Some are telling you to run for president, others are telling you to take a flying leap.  Please heed the advice of the second group.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 09:15:38 pm »
Some are telling you to run for president, others are telling you to take a flying leap.  Please heed the advice of the second group.
:thumbsup:  Post of the week!!!

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 10:46:15 pm »
Yeah, Johnny Boy! But the people that are telling you are Democrats, your vapid wife, your moronic daughter, and your buttboy, Lindsay Graham.  :tongue2:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 11:00:46 pm »

:whistle:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 11:49:34 pm »
Maybe if he does run, all those strippers can donate to his campaign in "fives! tens! one hundreds! mwhahaha..."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:52:58 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 12:03:03 am »
Despite the cynicism shown by some far right wing extremists on this thread, I believe Senator McCain may be telling the truth about this. I know for a fact a number of his supporters were very upset when he lost to Obama in 2008.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:03:29 am by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 12:11:14 am »
Despite the cynicism shown by some far right wing extremists on this thread, I believe Senator McCain may be telling the truth about this. I know for a fact a number of his supporters were very upset when he lost to Obama in 2008.

I'm guessing that's an illegal alien.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 01:52:06 am »
McCain running again would be a terrible idea.  He might drain moderate votes from Christie and allow someone else to get the nomination.  Smart thinking Tea Partiers.  Stop McCain Now!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 01:53:38 am »
McCain running again would be a terrible idea.  He might drain moderate votes from Christie and allow someone else to get the nomination.  Smart thinking Tea Partiers.  Stop McCain Now!

What does this have to do with the Tea Party?    and hell will freeze over before I vote for Christie (or McCain)
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 02:13:14 am »
What does this have to do with the Tea Party?    and hell will freeze over before I vote for Christie (or McCain)

I though I read a banner that this was a Tea Party site a few days ago,  but I don't see it now.  Perhaps I should have said Good Job Conservatives.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 05:25:50 am »
I though I read a banner that this was a Tea Party site a few days ago,  but I don't see it now.  Perhaps I should have said Good Job Conservatives.

You think lots of things, many of which aren't so.

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 06:24:46 am »
You think lots of things, many of which aren't so.
I already know that. 

rangerrebew

John McCain claims people want him to run again.
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 11:02:58 am »
John McCain Claims People Want Him To Run For President Again.  I'm sure the muslim brotherhood and communist party USA do want him to run.

Most people would say that John McCain is being slightly delusional:

“Particularly since the shutdown, I’ve had a spate of e-mails and letters and phone calls saying, ‘Run for president again,’” McCain told The Arizona Republic. “As you know, I’m seriously thinking about running for re-election to the Senate. But I think, in the words of the late Morris K. Udall, as far as my presidential ambitions are concerned, ‘The people have spoken — the bastards.’”

In his book Too Funny To Be President, Udall, D-Ariz., attributed the quote to California Democrat Dick Tuck. Udall unsuccessfully sought the 1976 Democratic nomination for president.

While even McCain agrees that another presidential candidacy seems far-fetched, Bruce Merrill, a veteran Arizona political scientist and pollster, told The Republic he has fielded multiple calls from out-of-state reporters this year investigating the possibility. McCain was critical of the GOP strategy to try to defund President Barack Obama’s health-care law, resulting in a partial government shutdown. McCain emerged with better national poll numbers than others associated with the crisis, including “tea party”-style U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.

“I can assure you, I don’t see it,” said McCain, who will turn 80 in 2016. “It’s not on my radar.”

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/john-mccain-claims-people-want-him-to-run-for-president-again/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:04:12 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 11:53:30 am »

No way will he draw "moderates" or "conservatives."  The only thing he would draw would be liberals - and flies. :tongue2:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: John McCain claims people want him to run again.
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 12:15:11 pm »
McCain is lucky he still has a job at all, much less being 'President'.

The only reason he was ever nominated by the RNC at all was as a fall guy to get Obama elected, and he did it well. It was McCain himself who banned saying Obama's name because it was 'too Muslim'. It was McCain himself who threw water on the Palin surge and basically hamstrung and gagged her the entire campaign. It was McCain who continually said fawning and glowing things about how great Obama is at his own rallies. (I witnessed this and it was bizarre)

McCain said more negative things about Palin and his own supporters than he ever did Obama. McCain was never a serious 'Republican' candidate and had more Liberal and Democrat supporters than Republican supporters. Of the actual Republicans who voted for him, he was the default 'not Obama' vote, and that is all.

He really is in the wrong party. He gets along so much better with his fellow Liberal leftists than he does with Republicans, except for a handful who are the same as him.

Now, the 'not Obama' candidate, the Obama 'fall guy' candidate, lets it go to his head and actually thinks he was selected based on his qualifications. The only reason the GOP went with McCain, is because they are idiots, (that's a given) and they wanted the most absurdly 'far left' guy who still at least claims to be a Republican, to go up against Obama. So we wound up with a choice between a avowed Communist, or a 'not Obama' Left-wing shill.

He may run again. But if he does it will be as a Liberal Democrat, or in his own Far Left Loony Party. I think it is much more likely that McCain will work as a campaign manager for Obama, when Obama runs for his third term. And I am only half joking. The way McCain fawns over Obama is not natural. He loves him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline rustynail

Re: John McCain claims people want him to run again.
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 12:22:28 pm »
I want him to run again as a recreation of the napalmed Vietnamese girl.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 02:33:07 pm »
No way will he draw "moderates" or "conservatives."  The only thing he would draw would be liberals - and flies. :tongue2:

Liberals ARE flies.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee