Author Topic: ‘Mean Moms’ bully babies on Facebook  (Read 972 times)

Offline happyg

‘Mean Moms’ bully babies on Facebook
« on: November 11, 2013, 05:33:14 pm »
PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. (WPBF) – A mother said she is disgusted by a Facebook group where moms bash pictures of other people’s children.

New mom Melissa Antenucci said she accidentally stumbled upon the group while visiting a Facebook page set-up to sell gently used baby clothes. She said group members copied pictures of other people’s children and posted cruel criticisms.

Under one photo, one mom wrote, “You can absolutely not fix ugly. This is a God given example of such.”

Another mother wrote, “An ugly baby thread. I have died and gone to heaven. Why can’t you guys live near me so we can do this over cocktails?”

“The things that these mothers said were the most horrific things that I have ever seen,” Antenucci said. “I mean, they used their own profiles. It wasn’t like it was secretive at all.”

She said others moms were shocked to learn their children were being made fun of on Facebook.  When Antenucci began to copy and paste the mean comments on her Facebook wall, one of the “mean moms” responded.

“This is Facebook, not the Salem Witch Hunt,” she wrote. “This is a free country and I was laughing because it was funny. Thanks for your comments, next.”

When Antenucci reported the incident to Facebook, the company said they were investigating. Most of the “mean moms” have since deactivated their Facebook accounts.

http://wtvr.com/2013/11/08/facebook-mean-moms/

Offline GourmetDan

Re: ‘Mean Moms’ bully babies on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 06:26:56 pm »
“This is Facebook, not the Salem Witch Hunt,” she wrote. “This is a free country and I was laughing because it was funny. Thanks for your comments, next.”

The culture of the entire country is turning this way.  Cruel and mean.

No room for differences of opinion and 'mob rule' aka democracy...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 06:33:49 pm »
And, we wonder why children are bullies.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 06:37:21 pm »
Bitchy and touchy. The two ingredients for a perfect storm online.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink