Author Topic: WSJ: Obama Could Be 'Lame Duck' by January  (Read 3132 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: WSJ: Obama Could Be 'Lame Duck' by January
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 02:57:20 am »
And, to you, unified means all Republicans lining up behind Ted Cruz.  That is never going to happen, either.

If he should happen to get the nomination in 2016, anyone in the Republican party NOT lining up behind Ted Cruz will be responsible for the continued destruction of America by Marxists.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 03:01:19 am »
If he should happen to get the nomination in 2016, anyone in the Republican party NOT lining up behind Ted Cruz will be responsible for the continued destruction of America by Marxists.

:amen:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 03:06:37 am »
In case you haven't noticed, it isn't the Cruz types that are constantly whining about GOP unification.

Because the Cruz-types don't care about unification.  It's his way or the highway.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 03:07:36 am »

Ted Cruz is not going to get the nomination.  Not unless he does a helluva lot of fence mending in the next three years.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:31 am »
Ted Cruz is not going to get the nomination.  Not unless he does a helluva lot of fence mending in the next three years.

It was a hypothetical, sinkspur, and you know it.  Your comment is a diversion from the point.

IF Cruz gets the nomination, stubborn guys like you are going to have to give up their pride and support him, or be responsible for the furtherance of Marxism in this country.

And IF Cruz gets the nomination, you'll need to eat your words, and bury your hatred of him, and realize that HE wants what's best for this country.

btw, there's a whole lotta so-called "Republicans" who are going to be as responsible for mending those fences as Cruz is.

The public attacks on him are, IMO, unforgiveable and played right into the hands of the filthy leftist machine.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline evadR

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 04:39:14 am »
:silly: The obvious is generally ignored....

...by the oblivious.

The Senate is a rogue operation created by the 17th amendment and beholden only to K Street.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 04:48:21 am »
...by the oblivious.

The Senate is a rogue operation created by the 17th amendment and beholden only to K Street.

and therein lies the crux of the problem.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 06:09:41 am »
I read your reference from Wikipedia.  Ronald Reagan popularized the 11th Commandment; nobody even knows who the hell Parkinson is or was.  And Reagan applied it to EVERY Republican.

I'll ignore your nastiness.  For now.

Bravo.  However, you still miss the glaringly obvious.  First off, Reagan knew very well who Parkinson was, and so did a lot of other people - being the chairman of a state political organization tends to get you noticed, dontcha know - so the mere fact that you have no clue who he was is utterly and totally irrelevant to the purpose behind the 11th Commandment.  Second off, Reagan did not consistently apply it and in fact took the gloves off after he got kicked in the kazoo by Ford during the 1976 primaries.  That easily puts the lie to your claim that Reagan applied it to everyone; not even Reagan is an unvarnished measure for how to apply the 11th Commandment.

Third off - and back to the main point - everyone, and I mean everyone, back in the day knew who created the 11th Commandment and why he created it:  to put the kibosh on the vitriolic attacks of liberal (aka moderate) republicans on anyone who didn't pass their lounge-lizard test (i.e., more conservative republicans).  That conservative republicans should acknowledge the 11th Commandment and strive to follow it goes without saying - they are more than capable of rising above their hateful moderate brethren and should do so - but that does not change the basic facts.  The 11th Commandment was created to muzzle liberal/moderate republicans, it was not created to muzzle conservative republicans.  That is a fact and no amount of whinging on your part will change it.  Furthermore, attacks by liberal/moderate republicans on more conservative republicans do substantially more damage to the party as a whole than do attacks by more conservative republicans on liberal/moderate republicans.  The republican ecosystem is rife with liberal/moderate republicans who continue to be re-elected time after time no matter how much conservative republicans denigrate them.  There are precious few conservative republicans who manage to survive a concerted attack by liberal/moderate republicans, even if - as was demonstrated in Virginia - such a conservative republican enjoys a fairly large degree of approval.

In other words, attacks by conservative republicans on liberal/moderate republicans do not generally threaten the GOP's political positions or the balance of power in Congress because those attacks rarely lead to the electoral defeat of the liberal/moderate being attacked; attacks by liberal/moderate republicans on conservative republicans can be seriously detrimental to the GOP's political positions and the balance of power in Congress because a conservative republican who is rejected by the mainline GOP leadership - who are all liberal/moderate republicans - generally fails to get elected.  Again, see Virginia.

These are facts, blunt facts, and no amount of crying on your part will change them.  These facts clearly demonstrate not only that the 11th Commandment was intended primarily to muzzle the vitriol of liberal/moderate republicans, they also demonstrate why that was, and is, a very good idea:  because intraparty attacks by liberal/moderate republicans do substantially more damage to the party as a whole, and the balance of power in Congress, than do intraparty attacks by conservative republicans.

As for your ignorance, feigned or real, of my "nastiness" - you've got me shivering in my shoes, I can't wait to see what you'll dish out once you get over your ignorance.  Come to think of it, you sound an awful lot like a liberal/moderate republican putting on his dutch courage and announcing that, next time, once "we" win, "we'll" take on the democrats and beat them; once we win, then we'll repeal Obamacare, etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

Bring it on baby, I'll take some nastiness over your all too real ignorance any day of the week.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 03:14:43 pm »
It's because the conservatives fear loss more than the lounge lizard wing.  It's like the old psychology point, the individual with the most to lose, has the least power.
If the bond holders and stock mavens get a good return on investment, they couldn't care less if A. Schicklegruber is at the reins.  The business repubs are the ones Kruschev mocked about giving them enough rope.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline flowers

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 05:18:45 pm »
If they get amnesty before the 2014 elections....all bets are off. They will win the both houses for sure.

Offline happyg

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 05:33:38 pm »
If they get amnesty before the 2014 elections....all bets are off. They will win the both houses for sure.

You are most like correct. However, if they don't get citizenship, it will be a toss-up, and I have no clue. A lot of people are catching on to what the immigration bill means for Americans.