Author Topic: 82-Year-Old Man Stops to Help Broken-Down Motorists — When He Made a Tiny Mistake They ‘Beat the F*** Out of Him’ for 10 Min. With a Screwdriver  (Read 1548 times)

Offline happyg

Liz Klimas
A Chicago woman is being held on $2 million bail after she allegedly brutally beat and stabbed an 82-year-old man after he pulled over to help her but then bumped her with his car in the process.

sophia body
Sophia Body, 38, is charged with beating an 82-year-old man who allegedly bumped a woman with his car while he was pulling over to help them. (Image source: Chicago Police Department via Chicago Tribune)

Sophia Body is charged with attempted murder and aggravated battery for her actions against 82-year-old Isaac Tucker Thursday in the neighborhood of Grand Crossing, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Tucker told authorities, who responded to a call about the incident as it was occurring, two woman had “flagged” him down and he parked behind them to help. As he pulled over, he allegedly bumped one of them with his vehicle, which started the altercation.

The Chicago Sun-Times has more details of what allegedly happened next:

“Next thing I know I got a punch,” Tucker said.

(Assistant State Attorney Elizabeth) Dibler said the women pulled Tucker out of his car and began to kick and punch him. She said the beating lasted about 10 minutes.

“I was stabbed several times in the back and stomped and everything else,” Tucker said.

He said he fell unconscious and woke up in the ambulance. He’d been stabbed in the head multiple times, Dibler said, and when police found him he was bleeding from the right side of his head and had lacerations on his upper and lower back.

Police recovered a yellow screwdriver they believe Tucker was stabbed with, according to the Sun-Times. The senior citizen was later listed in stable condition at a local hospital.

“Yeah, I pulled his a** out of the car and beat the f*** out of him,” 38-year-old body said of the incident, according to the police report (redacted).

“I got out of my car to help, not to offend no one,” Tucker told the Sun-Times. “But when I got out of my car, I was attacked, and I was stabbed several times in the back.”

A surveillance camera from a local minimart is being reviewed by police for evidence, both newspapers reported.

(H/T: Daily Mail)
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/11/82-year-old-man-stops-to-help-broken-down-motorists-but-when-he-made-a-tiny-mistake-they-beat-the-f-out-of-him-for-10-min-with-a-screwdriver/

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 03:42:36 pm by happyg »

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline xfreeper

I will almost always stop if I see a disabled vehicle on the side of the road. I will park about 150 feet behind the other car even if it means circling back around and even if that means driving to the next exit on the freeway and returning. I want a clear vision of anything going on around the vehicle and I usually have a firearm with me. I'll wait for the person to walk back and I tell them I will not get out of the vehicle but I will gladly call for help and stay there until it arrives. If they don't walk back, and I don't blame them, I will make the call and just wait.

Oceander

I will almost always stop if I see a disabled vehicle on the side of the road. I will park about 150 feet behind the other car even if it means circling back around and even if that means driving to the next exit on the freeway and returning. I want a clear vision of anything going on around the vehicle and I usually have a firearm with me. I'll wait for the person to walk back and I tell them I will not get out of the vehicle but I will gladly call for help and stay there until it arrives. If they don't walk back, and I don't blame them, I will make the call and just wait.

Safety first, second, and last.  Probably good to make the call in any event:  if they're up to no good, the sooner somebody gets them to move, the better - there are some uses for cops - and if they're not, they may simply be too afraid of the car that went by and then came back and parked way behind them to get out; after all, from their perspective you could be a predator as much as you could be a savior.

Offline GourmetDan

Safety first, second, and last.  Probably good to make the call in any event:  if they're up to no good, the sooner somebody gets them to move, the better - there are some uses for cops - and if they're not, they may simply be too afraid of the car that went by and then came back and parked way behind them to get out; after all, from their perspective you could be a predator as much as you could be a savior.

A little profiling would have gone a long way in circumstances like this one...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

A little profiling would have gone a long way in circumstances like this one...

Why is it all right to profile serial killers but not other potential law breakers?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

Why is it all right to profile serial killers but not other potential law breakers?

I see no reason why profiling, applied judiciously and with reason by people trained to do so, should not be used for all manner of important situations.  In fact, the skilled application of profiling could save more then a few people from the pain, humiliation, and expense of being wrongfully accused and/or arrested for something they did not do.

Offline xfreeper

Yes I totally get that. Many times I have sat on the hwy in the dark with my highbeams on behind a car that is pulled over. It doesn't surprise me if they don't come back. I wouldn't and I regret any alarm I may be causing them but it's the best I can do under the circumstances.

Online mountaineer

I really didn't want to click on this story.   **nononono* 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

Cause serial killers are typically white...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan