Author Topic: Syria 'Attacks School With Incendiary Weapons'  (Read 725 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Syria 'Attacks School With Incendiary Weapons'
« on: November 10, 2013, 06:20:20 pm »
Hey - pick a side. Terrorists or these a**holes.

Via Sky News: http://news.sky.com/story/1166626/syria-attacks-school-with-incendiary-weapons

Syria's air force has used incendiary weapons in dozens of attacks over the last year - including a half-ton bomb which killed 37 people at a school - Human Rights Watch has claimed.

A British emergency doctor, who treated patients from the Aleppo school attack on August 26, told HRW that most of them were covered in burns.

One victim, who later died, arrived with what she described as 90% third degree burns.

Dr  Saleyha Ahsan said: "The clothes had been burned off him. It was the most horrific injury I have ever seen in a live patient. Only his eyes moved."

Incendiary weapons can contain any number of flammable substances, including napalm, thermite, or white phosphorus.

Researcher at the organisation Bonnie Docherty said: "Syria has used incendiary weapons to inflict terrible harm on civilians, including many children."

The organisation called for the weapons to be condemned internationally and for tighter international laws restricting deployment.

HRW said that since last November, when it documented one of the first cases of incendiary bomb use in the Damascus suburb of Daraya, Syrian jets and helicopters had dropped incendiary bombs at least 56 times. All of the weapons were made in the Soviet Union, it said.

President Bashar al Assad's forces have used cluster bombs and vacuum bombs and are accused by the West of firing rockets loaded with the nerve agent sarin into districts outside Damascus in August, killing hundreds.

More at link.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Syria 'Attacks School With Incendiary Weapons'
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:27:37 pm »
Would they feel better if it was just a 500lb bomb full of RDX or HMX?

If they're not whining about chemical weapons, it's about incendiaries or some other "inhumane" weapon.

Personally, I don't see much difference if the bomb is full of napalm or a high explosive.  The result is the same.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Syria 'Attacks School With Incendiary Weapons'
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 06:44:38 am »
Incendiaries are horrible weapons, especially the white phosphorus ones, but even the napalm derived ones are bad. That shit sticks to everything! I would actually rate them as WMD's in their own right.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink