Author Topic: Hume to Juan Williams: ‘Big Brother’ Can’t Tell ‘Free’ People They Need Insurance  (Read 655 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hume-to-juan-williams-big-brother-cant-tell-free-people-they-need-insurance/

Hume to Juan Williams: ‘Big Brother’ Can’t Tell ‘Free’ People They Need Insurance
by Evan McMurry | 12:40 pm, November 10th, 2013

Fox contributors Brit Hume and Juan Williams clashed on Fox News Sunday over delaying the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act, with Williams arguing that an imperfect health care reform rollout was preferable to no health care reform at all, and Hume responding that a free people should be able to demonstrate that preference through their purchases.

“What you’re saying is contrary to the fact that a lot of those young people don’t have insurance,” Williams said. “This is much better than not having insurance.”

“Excuse me, it’s much better than not having insurance according to who?” Hume said. “According to Big Brother. For many of these people, young and healthy and very unlikely to need medical care of almost any kind, not having insurance is a perfectly rational choice.”

“It’s not rational,” Williams said. “These people are free riders on our insurance system. Every time you go to the hospital or I go to the hospital, we pay higher prices, we pay higher insurance premiums, because of these free riders. Those people with no insurance want some confidence, that if they get sick, if anything happens, they can go see a doctor.”

“If they want it, they ought to be willing to pay for it,” Hume said. “If they’re not willing to pay for it, it may well be that being free people, they felt free to make that choice.”

Watch the clip below, via Fox News:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
[repost from an earlier thread along the same theme]

That was a big part of the Obamacare scam. Obama and his people, including of course most of the American media outlets, were deliberately and intentionally conflating the term 'uninsured' as meaning having no access to treatment.

They neglected to point out that many of the so called 'uninsured Americans' were in fact uninsured illegals, or they were uninsured voluntarily. Many of these people still received all the medical treatment they wanted or needed at free clinics or in the emergency room.

Obama and his worshippers cannot bring themselves to believe that there are millions of people who simply do not want and do not need insurance. They're doing just fine on their own.

If they gave the real numbers of people who wanted insurance but could not get it this number would be a minuscule percentage of the population. Even if you take the administration's inflated number of 30 million uninsured, this is only 10% of the population, at face value. When you subtract the inherent exaggeration of statistics meant for political effect, the illegals, the homeless who do not want insurance for fear of being 'on the grid', the young and healthy who simply do not need insurance, then you wind up with somewhere around 5% or so, maybe less, maybe a little more.

So, Obama, in his grandiose 'wisdom' [chuckle], decided to wreck the whole system across the entire nation to take care of a few outliers, instead of coming up with a program to take care of just them. Great. Good idea dumbass. How many people could have been cured with the half a billion dollars he spent just on the website alone! And it doesn't even work.

Keep in mind that even the Unions, and Muslims, and Government workers, and all the other groups Obama exempted by royal fiat, are still going to face a clogged health care system, a shortage of doctors and health care workers, and all the other nightmares Obamacare is going to usher in. Even the 'exempted' are not exempt from the repercussions of what they have done.

So what has Obama wrecked since coming to office? Well, NASA is all but shut down with a new mission of 'Muslim outreach' as the primary goal. The military is being reduced and overhauled. The economy is a wreck with tens of trillions of dollars we will never pay back. Small businesses are closing faster than ever before due to government interference. Unemployment is much, much, higher than that ridiculous 7% the media keeps reporting, and everyone is moving to temporary workers or part time staff. And now, to top it all off, our health care system, which has always been the envy of the world, now lies in shambles. All but destroyed by Obama.

Next, Obama will move on to our homes and our cars. It is just about all he has left to destroy. I am expecting any day, week, or month now, to get a letter stating that my home is now 'illegal' because of some new regulation and I will have to pay a fine (or as they call it in Chicago, protection money) until it is approved and deemed 'legal' by Obama. Then they will tell me my car is too old, or too this or that, or doesn't have enough of this or that, then my car will be ordered 'illegal'. But, not to worry, no big deal, as long as you pay the 'fine' you can get out of it.

Fundementally transform America? Yeah, I'd say so. Unfortunately, Obama's vision of transformation means making us more like Venezuela or Cuba, and he is doing a good job of that. The Liberals are finally getting everything they always thought they want, hehehe, it is so much fun, it is hilarious to watch them scream and squirm neck deep in this mess they helped to create.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.