Author Topic: FDA to Ban Artery-Clogging Trans Fats  (Read 13029 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: FDA to Ban Artery-Clogging Trans Fats
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2013, 08:44:46 pm »
Once a week i make the fake scrambled eggs with cheese... the only way I like regular eggs is in eggs Benedict with a lot of sauce.... and English muffin with yogurt butter and sugar free jelly..
 And a cup of cappuccino with real cream.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:45:19 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2013, 10:00:40 pm »
I eat that exact thing about every other weekend.  Except 1/2 bagel in place of the toast with Philadelphia low fat veggie cream cheese (which is very good, BTW)  Oh and black coffee--lots of that.  Heaven!

In my case it's about ever other DAY.  So far no ill effects but I do nuke the bacon instead of frying it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39:40 pm »
In my case it's about ever other DAY.  So far no ill effects but I do nuke the bacon instead of frying it!

True story - my husband had too low cholesterol - would you believe down to 69 at one time - and as a result he enjoyed a breadfast of eggs and bacon almost every morning.  If he was in a hurry then he would eat a bowl of cereal.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2013, 10:45:07 pm »
I just watched the first episode of "Breaking Bad" where the main dude is served "Veggie Bacon."

I think I'm going to like the series.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2013, 10:57:22 pm »
Its awesome.  As the series progresses, you'll be even more impressed.  The quality of the writing is just phenominal.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2013, 10:58:22 pm »

How do you nuke bacon?  Doesn't it make a mess of your microwave?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2013, 11:08:25 pm »
How do you nuke bacon?  Doesn't it make a mess of your microwave?

Nope! Just fold a couple of paper towels and put them under the bacon on a plate and then cover with another paper towel and turn on the nuke machine.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2013, 11:11:41 pm »
Nope! Just fold a couple of paper towels and put them under the bacon on a plate and then cover with another paper towel and turn on the nuke machine.

That's how George used to do it, too... he loved his bacon ~LOL~

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2013, 11:47:52 pm »
That's how George used to do it, too... he loved his bacon ~LOL~

They have microwave 'plates' for bacon...the grease drops away.

Cover with paper towel...4 strips for 3:30 seconds and it's perfectly crunchy.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2013, 12:20:27 am »
So you're telling me that two egg, two strips of bacon, one slice of dry toast, and glass of orange juice breakfast is OK?

Are you taking on any new patients?

Absolutely. Take a one hour walk every day and you're good to go.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2013, 12:27:43 am »

Dear Dr. Aligncare,

I am very close to a woman that has been losing "Just another ten pounds"....going on thirteen years?   She never really eats, and when she does eat a cheeseburger, she throws away the roll.

I was puzzled.  She walks 4-5 miles two or three times a week.  Still....she says that she needs to lose "just another ten pounds and I'll be where I need to be".  Excitedly.

Then I had run into her at the gym and I understood what may be going on....she never pushed herself to even break a sweat.  Can't run that make-up....

You must get the heart pumping.  You must sweat.

Otherwise, forgettaboutit
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2013, 12:52:43 am »

:bighug:

- J. R. R. Tolkien