Author Topic: Graham won't lift nominee-hold threat over Benghazi  (Read 579 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham won't lift nominee-hold threat over Benghazi
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:27:51 am »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2013/11/graham-wont-lift-nomineehold-threat-over-benghazi-177154.html?hp=l2

Graham won't lift nominee-hold threat over Benghazi

By LEIGH MUNSIL |
11/10/13 9:22 AM EST

Sen. Lindsey Graham says he still plans to use Senate holds on President Barack Obama's nominees until he gets answers on the attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya.

Pressed on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday, the South Carolina Republican said he hasn’t been able to interview the five survivors of the attack, and so he’ll continue to threaten holds on nominees until he gets to talk to them, as well as relevant CIA officials.

The holds are a last resort, he said.

“I’ve been trying for a year to get these interviews without holds,” Graham said. “I don’t want to hold anybody … Congress has an independent duty to find out what happened in Benghazi.”

Despite his hold threat following a CBS “60 Minutes” report based on an eyewitness account that proved to be false, Graham wouldn’t take it back when pressed by CNN host Candy Crowley.

“Oversight is important," he said. "I’m trying to perform oversight, I’m not trying to prosecute a crime.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34