Author Topic: George Will: Other Than Nixon, ‘Has There Ever Been a Worse First Year of a Second Term?’  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/11/10/George-Will-Other-Than-Nixon-Has-There-Ever-Been-a-Worse-First-Year-of-a-Second-Term

George Will: Other Than Nixon, ‘Has There Ever Been a Worse First Year of a Second Term?’

Back to Breitbart TV

10 Nov 2013, 2:11 PM PDT

GEORGE WILL: Well, it’s one thing for Bill Clinton to say, “I feel your pain.” It’s another thing for Barack Obama to say, “I feel your pain that I have caused,” and for him to say it was caused by a "situation." That’s the word he used in the operative sentence. We, this week, marked the one-year anniversary of his reelection. Has there ever--with the exception of Richard Nixon in 1973--been a worse first year of a second term? The Pew survey this week has approval of his performance on healthcare--healthcare, his signature issue--disapproval 59 percent. That’s a little bit less than the 60 percent disapproval on immigration and 65 percent on the economy. And now the Democrats are going to get to vote on some things, maybe, or at least Mr. Reid will have to stop them in the Senate. Here’s, for example, the “If You Like Your Health Plan You Can Keep It Act” from Senator Ron Johnson. It’s four pages long, which makes it 902 pages shorter than the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. And these are opportunities for discomfort for the supporters of the Affordable Care Act.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The GOP has certainly got enough material, to make Obama politically impotent, if they do it with skill.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

I would not call Richard Nixon's first year of his second term an 'exception.'

Obama's is far worse, and we don't even know the half of what filth he's been foisting on the American people.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

The GOP has certainly got enough material, to make Obama politically impotent, if they do it with skill.

I hope and pray that they do.

Their track record on Obama is very bad.

They need to not be afraid of being accused of racism, because they will be anyway, and they need to have the guts to stand up against it.

I'm not hopeful.

Three, maybe four Senators, and less than 20 Congressman have shown courage.

The rest are as wimpy as any politicians I've witnessed in more than a half century.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
On a side note, am I the only person who really enjoys having George Will on Special Report??  How about when George Will and Charles Krauthammer are on together..??  Get those two rolling on Obama's foreign policy........

Offline Rapunzel

On a side note, am I the only person who really enjoys having George Will on Special Report??  How about when George Will and Charles Krauthammer are on together..??  Get those two rolling on Obama's foreign policy........

He has been an outstanding hire IMHO
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
He has been an outstanding hire IMHO

yep...and he's toned down his use of obscure multi-syllable words too.  I also think he finally got completely fed up with the absurdity of George Stephanopolis hosting ABC's Sunday talk show based on his credentials as a Clintonista, and little else.....

Offline Rapunzel

yep...and he's toned down his use of obscure multi-syllable words too.  I also think he finally got completely fed up with the absurdity of George Stephanopolis hosting ABC's Sunday talk show based on his credentials as a Clintonista, and little else.....

I wasn't certain what to expect because he had been such a snooze of late on ABC (when I watched the outtakes). but he's been excellent on FOX.

Oceander

And therein lies the rub:  skill.  I'm still waiting to see the GOP develop the political skills of a grade-schooler, let alone those necessary for the national stage.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
And therein lies the rub:  skill.  I'm still waiting to see the GOP develop the political skills of a grade-schooler, let alone those necessary for the national stage.

I'd vote for some daily talking point. So whenever a Republican gets on the air, he/she repeats some points. It works for democrats.

But equally important, those talking points must be aimed at changing voter minds. Obamacare is such fruitful territory.

Get John Stossell, Neil Cavuto  over there, or somebody on the same points.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln