Author Topic: Can Chris Christie be the Republican Bill Clinton? By: Rich Lowry  (Read 5196 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Can Chris Christie be the Republican Bill Clinton? By: Rich Lowry
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2013, 06:46:00 pm »
Exactly, Relic!    And it doesn't translate that we're "anti-religion" or anything like that.

I cherish my growing up Catholic and having a Jesuit education.

But leave the bible with your coat in the coatroom when it comes to winning elections in today's USA.

If one is a Christian......a true Christ-follower.......... the teachings of Jesus are inside you, and radiate from you.

You can no more discard them than fly to the moon (without a spaceship).

What you are asking is that Christians running for political office deny the very essence of who they are.

That, my friend, aside from being impossible, is the precise opposite of what this country needs.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2013, 06:47:42 pm »
Which explains why he isn't a Democrat! People who hold such views are decidedly unwelcome in that party these days!

Unwelcome???

They're tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.

You cannot be a national Democrat candidate and have a shred of respect for the unborn.  You will be accused of hating women and be told to get lost.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »
Very well said, MusicLady:

If one is a Christian......a true Christ-follower.......... the teachings of Jesus are inside you, and radiate from you.

What you are asking is that Christians running for political office deny the very essence of who they are.

That, my friend, aside from being impossible, is the precise opposite of what this country needs.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:55:50 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2013, 07:39:58 pm »
Very well said, MusicLady:

Thank you, sir!   :patriot:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2013, 10:09:27 pm »
Unwelcome???

They're tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.

You cannot be a national Democrat candidate and have a shred of respect for the unborn.  You will be accused of hating women and be told to get lost.....

That would seem to me to be decidedly unwelcome but perhaps I should have said ...will not be tolerated instead.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2013, 10:38:52 pm »
That would seem to me to be decidedly unwelcome but perhaps I should have said ...will not be tolerated instead.

That's OK, Bigun. I appreciated your understatement.  :patriot: