Author Topic: TV host Miss Venezuela takes home the Miss Universe crown  (Read 641 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
TV host Miss Venezuela takes home the Miss Universe crown
« on: November 10, 2013, 07:19:07 am »
Because, skip politics and lets look at important stuff  :whistle:

Via Today: http://www.today.com/style/tv-host-miss-venezuela-takes-home-miss-universe-crown-2D11572354

Beaming in a shimmery white gown, Miss Venezuela Gabriela Isler accepted the Miss Universe crown Saturday night at Moscow’s Crocus City Hall. The 25-year-old TV presenter is the seventh Venezuelan to hold the title of Miss Universe.

Isler, a trained flamenco dancer, was stunned: She didn’t realize she had the won until last year’s winner, Olivia Culpo, awarded her the crown with a bouquet of red roses. In all the commotion, the crown fell off her head, but luckily Isler caught it with a laugh.

During the interview portion of the competition with the five finalists, Steven Tyler asked Isler about her biggest fear.

"I believe we should overcome all of our fears and this in turn would make us much stronger, and [thus] we can become stronger persons," she said. "As soon as we overcome our fears and we are sure of ourselves, then we can face any challenge."

Isler is hardly the only beauty queen from her home country: Venezuela has more international beauty pageant titles than any other country, except for the United States, which holds five.

More at link.

Look - I appreciate the female form as much as the next man - but really? The winners all look the same.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink