Author Topic: RNC Chair: Not 'Necessarily True' House Won't Pass Immigration Reform This Year  (Read 599 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/08/RNC-Chair-Not-Necessarily-True-House-Won-t-Pass-Immigration-Reform-This-Year

RNC Chair: Not 'Necessarily True' House Won't Pass Immigration Reform This Year

by Tony Lee 9 Nov 2013, 7:19 AM PDT

On Friday, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus did not rule out that comprehensive immigration reform would pass by the end of this year even though others, like House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), have said there were not enough legislative days this year to make that a reality.

Appearing on Bloomberg's Political Capital, Priebus told host Al Hunt that he thought the "idea that either a comprehensive approach or a multi-tiered approach is not going to happen by the end of the year" is not "necessarily true."

"I think it can happen, and I think people like Paul Ryan and others still want something like that to happen,” Priebus said. “It could happen next year, I don’t think there’s any sort of midnight hour here.”

Priebus said that his "gut" feeling was that the House would pass major immigration reform during this Congress, and he emphasized that he thought that "something significant is going to happen" on immigration reform.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776