Author Topic: Two Men Shot at Bryant Park Skating Rink  (Read 998 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Two Men Shot at Bryant Park Skating Rink
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:57:42 am »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/nyregion/bryant-park-shooting.html?smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

Two Men Shot at Bryant Park Skating Rink
By DANIEL E. SLOTNIK and KENAN CHRISTIANSEN
Published: November 10, 2013

Pandemonium broke out in the heart of Manhattan on Saturday when two men were shot on the ice at the popular Bryant Park skating rink just after 11 p.m., the police said.

In this photo posted on Twitter, police attended to a person lying on the ice after a shooting at the Bryant Park skating rink.

At least one of the victims was taken away in an ambulance, officials said.

A witness who would not give his name said that he saw one man skate up to another, pull a gun and fire.

Three shots rang out, and some of the more than 50 skaters dropped to the ice. Others huddled in the skate rental tent and some fled screaming, tearing through the holiday shops in Bryant Park wearing nothing but their socks and carrying skates.

Dozens of police officers ran onto the ice, accompanied by paramedics. A young woman with long hair wailed, clutching a metal police barricade just outside the rink.

“My brother just got shot in front of my face!” she moaned as a friend tried to comfort her.

Christopher Guerrero, 19, was on the ice at the time. He said that one of the victims was a friend of his, a young man named Adonis who lived near him on 160th Street.

“I didn’t see no blood,” Mr. Guerrero said. “I asked ‘Are you O.K.?’ and he said, ‘I can’t feel my legs.’ ”

People at the scene said most of the skaters appeared to be teenagers.

The Bryant Park ice rink is Manhattan’s only free skating venue, though skaters have to rent skates if they do not have their own. The rink, which opened Nov. 1 and is a popular destination for tourists, is open until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Two Men Shot at Bryant Park Skating Rink
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 06:01:01 am »
I thought guns were all but banned in NYC.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 01:36:04 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 01:39:31 pm »

More gun laws would prevent this /s

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 02:44:41 pm »

If Bill de Blasio had been mayor and not that inept Bloomberg, I'm sure this would not have happened. :whistle:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 01:06:31 am »
Incredible. The gangbanging illiterate who shot the boy at the skating rink went from there to his home, where he posted updates on Facebook as the cops pounded on the front door. An excerpt of his prose:
“FEDS TRIEN [sic] KICK DOWN MY DOOR ITS OVER WERE DO I GO FROM HEREEEEE ... (I DON’T KNOW) WAT TO DO I F----ED UP,” he posted about  9 a.m. Sunday.

Minutes later, he added: “THESE N----S GUNNA HAVE TO TAKE ME OUT TAKE MY LIFE ... I AINT GOIN TO JAIL I REATHER [sic] TAKE MY LIFE!!”
Story and photos at NY Daily News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 01:24:46 am »
If Bill de Blasio had been mayor and not that inept Bloomberg, I'm sure this would not have happened. :whistle:

:bigsilly:

Here come the 1970s, in full force.  Before you know it, Bryant Park will have degenerated back to what it was, a haven for drug dealers and other assorted ne'er-do-wells.