Author Topic: Students face expulsion from school for pulling gun on home intruder  (Read 513 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Students face expulsion from school for pulling gun on home intruder
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 11:12:22 PM »
They should be grateful they'll no longer be affiliated with a school that would prefer to see them dead.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 01:55:18 AM »
Having a very hard time processing this.

Firstly - if they are living off campus, what business is it of the University if they have a personal weapon? On campus can be argued, but off?

Secondly - Is the administration really this foolish? A student protects both himself and others and gets punished?

Thirdly - If they do get expelled, they had better be done so with both a clean record and the ability to transfer their credits to another institution. Also - a full refund of their tuition fees.

Look - I get the general idea that weapons in the hands of the young is a bad idea. Yet I have known 8 year olds I would trust with any weapon they could physically handle, and 50 year olds I wouldn't trust with a pen knife.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 07:57:46 AM »
Now for a more uplifting story that you won't see in the news. This was posted yesterday to a  pro-Second Amendment Facebook group of which I am a member.
Kroger parking lot (here the poster names the town), my husband B____ was mugged at knife point. Asked the kid if he wanted wallet or money, kid said wallet, so B____ reached and pulled his gun. Needless to say, kid ended up dropping the knife, got in his car and left. BOLO for a dark skinned young man in a souped up green Chrysler with a bad paint job and chrome wheels.
He kept the knife and gave it to the police to check for fingerprints.   :beer:
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf