Author Topic: Obama Prepared To Push For Massive Minimum Wage Hike  (Read 1397 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Obama Prepared To Push For Massive Minimum Wage Hike
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:57:54 pm »

President Obama has come out in strong support of a bill, which would raise the federal minimum wage to $10.10/hour. Why $10.10/hour instead of $10.11/hour- I am not sure. According to Fair Minimum Wage Act sponsors Representative Miller (D-CA) and Senator Harkin (D-IA), this is a “living wage”. Under the legislation tipped wage workers would also get a raise, which would equate to no less than 70% of the new federal minimum wage (expect to pay $15 for a hamburger).

According to White House officials, ”The President has long supported raising the minimum wage so hardworking Americans can have a decent wage for a day’s work to support their families and make ends meet, and he supports the Harkin/Miller bill that accomplishes this important goal.”

http://www.thelibertypaper.org/2013/11/09/obama-prepared-to-push-for-massive-minimum-wage-hike/

Offline flowers

Re: Obama Prepared To Push For Massive Minimum Wage Hike
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:00:59 pm »
Any place I ever worked retail and a minimum  wage was around the corner most the prices went up each time.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 09:04:00 pm »
Having done all he can do to transfer high-paying jobs to government, and to destroy middle-class jobs, Obama probably figures it's time to go after entry-level employment.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline collins

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 09:23:53 pm »
The man-child probably just thought $10.10 was a cool number. This is just more far-left nonsense and has no chance in the House. The economy is fragile enough, but maybe this will help the twit change the subject over the ACA disaster.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 09:31:26 pm »
My city councel just voted in that all city contracted personnel, from construction to janitorial must be paid a minimum of $15 dollars an hour. They call this a 'living wage'.

So, according to these dolts, you have to be making somewhere close to $30,000 dollars a year, to live. So, assuming these families have two or more working members, the household would be bringing home $60 to $90,000 a year. Compared to where and how these people live, you could do a hell of a lot of 'living' with that kind of money. Add to that food, health, tuition, and housing benefits, and these guys will be in a class level that used to be called 'rich'. Not bad for a janitor, or a guy trimming trees.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 09:32:20 pm »
Any place I ever worked retail and a minimum  wage was around the corner most the prices went up each time.

Obama knows that. And those people who are cheering it on are in for a rude awakening. Most won't be eligible to all the freebies they are currently getting. That's one good thing. Many will lose their jobs. A Franchise owner is not the same as the corporation. Most are middle class, and will be forced into bankruptcy.

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 09:58:44 pm »
He sure wants to do all he can to kill the economy. Most likely this will not get through the house but these days who knows.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 10:08:36 pm »
Most likely this will not get through the house but these days who knows.

Either way it's a win-win for the Democrats.

Pass it and it will show how much Obama & Co. care about those at the bottom of the economic ladder.

Don't pass it and it will show how little the Republicans care about them

The economic impact? Higher prices and fewer entry jobs? Lost in the propaganda sure to follow.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 10:08:41 pm »
Obama knows that. And those people who are cheering it on are in for a rude awakening. Most won't be eligible to all the freebies they are currently getting. That's one good thing. Many will lose their jobs. A Franchise owner is not the same as the corporation. Most are middle class, and will be forced into bankruptcy.

I don't think they will lose benefits. The government has opened up so many loopholes to get in, and they secretly really want these people on the dole. So much so that they hardly check anything. If you are female, for example, and walk into the Health and Human Services office, you are almost guaranteed to walk out with something. Single males, not so much.

The government is invested in the fraud with the applicants. You hear about the administrators of SNAP, for example, telling people to stop talking. They will tell applicants, "The less I know, the better."

It is kind of like voter fraud. With so many people in the government who oversee voting actually being the ones doing the fraud, then anything is possible. It is the same with benefits. The people running these programs are rewarded by how many people they enroll. That is a huge incentive to get as many people signed up as you can get away with.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online rustynail

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 10:58:39 pm »
According to  Wikipedia 1010 relates to some muslim victories in Cordoba.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 11:25:56 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  :pondering:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 12:03:08 am »

What's Obummer doing? Sending messages by speaking in code? I wouldn't put it past him.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 03:28:20 am »

Very interesting - good post Rusty.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776