Author Topic: Get Real: Chris Christie Will Barely Be a Blip in the GOP Primaries in 2016  (Read 382 times)

Offline happyg

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Winning "fosters hubris and often reinforces the wrong lessons," writes Matt Lewis in the Week.

That is a very astute observation and applies just as much to Rick Perry's 2012 campaign as it does to the current-day Christie.  Perry's campaign team simply assumed, without any real basis, that their winning formula in Texas races would seamlessly transfer to national races; it didn't, and that probably had a lot to do with sinking Perry's candidacy.

If Perry's really thinking about running in 2016, I sincerely hope that he and his team learned the right thing from their loss.

Offline Rapunzel

I bet this man would prefer Perry to the current occupant of 1600 PA Ave.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I bet this man would prefer Perry to the current occupant of 1600 PA Ave.

Who wouldn't?!

We have a nice expression here that perfectly describes Perry. "He's got no side."

Sounds bad - it isn't. It means he has no side agenda. If he says something, he means it and will back it up with whatever it takes. I am thinking about how Perry would handle the current Obamacare fiasco. He'd stand there in the Rose Garden and just say - yep. We screwed up badly.

Honesty and being forthright used to be a virtue. Now it is a hindrance in politics.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf