Author Topic: Cruz: 'People don't like' me doing my job  (Read 1014 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz: 'People don't like' me doing my job
« on: November 09, 2013, 07:32:16 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/189780-cruz-people-dont-like-me-doing-my-job

November 09, 2013, 10:12 am
Cruz: 'People don't like' me doing my job

By Alexandra Jaffe

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Friday chalked up his critics to people unhappy with him trying to "do my job."

Speaking on NBC's "Tonight Show", Cruz was asked by host Jay Leno about criticism of him as "aggressive, arrogant and abrasive."

"I don’t know that you can believe everything you read," Cruz responded.

Pressed further on whether he fit any of those descriptors, Cruz insisted his detractors were just frustrated with the work he's doing in Congress.

“You know, what I’m trying to do is do my job,” Cruz said. “And occasionally people don’t like that.”

Cruz, as the main architect of the strategy to shut down the government to defund ObamaCare, has taken heavy fire from critics on the left and the right.

Cruz said on the Tonight Show he remains opposed to ObamaCare because it's "taking away a lot of people's health insurance" and "killing jobs," but that he's "a big believer in health care reform."

“I think we ought to reform healthcare so it’s personal, it’s portable, it’s affordable. We ought to empower patients rather than government bureaucrats getting between you and your doctor," he said.

He also responded to critics of his father, Rafael Cruz, who has gained his own following in conservative circles. He often joins Cruz on the trail or serves as a surrogate for him at conservative confabs.

The elder Cruz sparked controversy when he suggested Obama be sent "back to Kenya." But Cruz said detractors of his father should focus their ire back on him.

"You know, some folks have decided to try to go after him cause they want to take some shots at me," he said. "I think the critics are better off attacking me. My dad has been my hero my whole life."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Cruz: 'People don't like' me doing my job
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 07:48:54 pm »
Pretty much spot on.

Cruz said this is what he would do if elected, and Texans wanted a Senator who would go to DC and shake things up.

Despite the rantings of certain people, the majority of Texans support what Cruz is doing.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:12:20 pm »
Pretty much spot on.

Cruz said this is what he would do if elected, and Texans wanted a Senator who would go to DC and shake things up.

Despite the rantings of certain people, the majority of Texans support what Cruz is doing.

Only 73% of Texans support him. I think the other 27% are imports.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:12:39 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »
i watched some of his interview on Leno. I see Leno had the usual leftwing talking points.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 05:23:40 am »
Only 73% of Texans support him. I think the other 27% are imports.

The 27% is the hard core Democrat base in Austin, San Antonio, and the Valley.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 05:49:12 am »
i watched some of his interview on Leno. I see Leno had the usual leftwing talking points.

I watched it - it was linked here.

I disagree. Leno has been hitting the administration hard in recent weeks (about time). It felt to me more like a double act - you know? Set-up, punchline, with Leno acting as the straight man.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 02:03:39 pm »

Yeah! I know! Another of my feeble attempts at humor falls flat!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien