Author Topic: Obama: US must have veterans' backs  (Read 807 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: US must have veterans' backs
« on: November 09, 2013, 07:01:16 pm »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-11-09-06-04-31

Nov 9, 6:04 AM EST

Obama: US must have veterans' backs

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama is marking Veterans Day by making it his mission to ensure America has the back of its veterans.

In his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama says now that more veterans are coming home from wars, the U.S. must serve them as well. He's promoting programs to hire and educate veterans.

Obama says the U.S. has made progress in putting veterans to work but must do more. He says the country benefits from veterans' unmatched skill, dedication and courage.

Obama recorded his address in Washington before leaving Friday for New Orleans and Miami.

In the Republican address, Rep. Todd Young of Indiana is sharing stories of Americans he says were hurt by Obama's health care law. Young says he wants the penalty for not having insurance delayed.

---
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Obama: US must have veterans' backs
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 07:07:39 pm »
If you like your veteran's services, you can keep your veteran's services.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 07:15:17 pm »
And at the same time this is what Hagel says...they are all lying sacks of sh--!

Hagel Says Cuts to Pay and Benefits are Needed
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,119350.0.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 08:45:18 pm »

Obama says the U.S. has made progress in putting veterans to work but must do more. He says the country benefits from veterans' unmatched skill, dedication and courage.

Is this the same Barack Obama who lists veterans as terrorists?  Is this the same Barack Obama who has called the members of the military Nazis and baby killers?  Excuse me if I refrain from believing his "message." :peeonobama:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 09:00:57 pm »
Is this the same Barack Obama who lists veterans as terrorists?  Is this the same Barack Obama who has called the members of the military Nazis and baby killers?  Excuse me if I refrain from believing his "message."

**LIKE!!**
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:28:35 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 09:25:46 pm »
Two messages, the Fuehrer's false message and the message by his henchman.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 09:29:21 pm »
I have donated money to various Veterans programs. We should not need most of those programs, but since the government doesn't follow through on its commitment to the military, we have to pick up the slack. In other words, we are paying twice, particularly for the wounded soldiers. It's disgraceful.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 09:32:04 pm »
:peeonobama: