Author Topic: Poll: uninsured Americans reject ObamaCare  (Read 1360 times)

rangerrebew

Poll: uninsured Americans reject ObamaCare
« on: November 09, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »
Poll: Uninsured Americans Reject ObamaCare

by John Nolte  8 Nov 2013 4697  post a comment 

A new Gallup poll brings more terrible news for President Obama and his signature health plan, showing that only 22% of uninsured Americans who plan to buy insurance have visited the ObamaCare exchanges.

One of the major selling points for using ObamaCare to disrupt our health care system (that polls showed up to 80% of Americans were satisfied with) was to insure the uninsured. But according to this poll, only a very small minority of that small minority is even interested in obtaining insurance.

Even more troubling is the realization that a month ago, only 44% of the uninsured said they would purchase insurance though the exchanges.

The high cost of premiums, the high deductibles customers have to pay regardless of any tax subsidy, and the unforgivable bungling of the rollout have apparently only served to discourage those whom we blew up a perfectly good health care system to help.

The worse news is that you can bet that those who do intend to sign up are made up of the oldest and sickest among the uninsured. Meanwhile, those uninterested in being insured are likely the youngest and healthiest.

This means a sicker and older pool of enrollees, which means higher premiums for a couple hundred million Americans who were perfectly satisfied with what they had--that is, before President Obama, Democrats, and the media decided what was best for us.

As of now, the poll shows only 18% of the uninsured have even tried to visit a marketplace website.

When you look at the nearly four million Americans who have already had their insurance cancelled, the low enrollment numbers we have seen so far, and combine that with the website problems, sticker shock, and overall disgust, it is not out inconceivable to speculate that by this time next year, ObamaCare will have caused the number of uninsured in America to increase.

This post has been updated to clarify the poll numbers.

Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC--

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/08/poll-78-percent-of-uninsured-not-interested-in-obamacare
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:53:04 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Poll: uninsured Americans reject ObamaCare
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 04:41:41 pm »
That was a big part of the Obamacare scam. Obama and his people, including of course most of the American media outlets, were deliberately and intentionally conflating the term 'uninsured' as meaning having no access to treatment.

They neglected to point out that many of the so called 'uninsured Americans' were in fact uninsured illegals, or they were uninsured voluntarily. Many of these people still received all the medical treatment they wanted or needed at free clinics or in the emergency room.

Obama and his worshippers cannot bring themselves to believe that there are millions of people who simply do not want and do not need insurance. They're doing just fine on their own.

If they gave the real numbers of people who wanted insurance but could not get it this number would be a minuscule percentage of the population. Even if you take the administration's inflated number of 30 million uninsured, this is only 10% of the population, at face value. When you subtract the inherent exaggeration of statistics meant for political effect, the illegals, the homeless who do not want insurance for fear of being 'on the grid', the young and healthy who simply do not need insurance, then you wind up with somewhere around 5% or so, maybe less, maybe a little more.

So, Obama, in his grandiose 'wisdom' [chuckle], decided to wreck the whole system across the entire nation to take care of a few outliers, instead of coming up with a program to take care of just them. Great. Good idea dumbass. How many people could have been cured with the half a billion dollars he spent just on the website alone! And it doesn't even work.

Keep in mind that even the Unions, and Muslims, and Government workers, and all the other groups Obama exempted by royal fiat, are still going to face a clogged health care system, a shortage of doctors and health care workers, and all the other nightmares Obamacare is going to usher in. Even the 'exempted' are not exempt from the repercussions of what they have done.

So what has Obama wrecked since coming to office? Well, NASA is all but shut down with a new mission of 'Muslim outreach' as the primary goal. The military is being reduced and overhauled. The economy is a wreck with tens of trillions of dollars we will never pay back. Small businesses are closing faster than ever before due to government interference. Unemployment is much, much, higher than that ridiculous 7% the media keeps reporting, and everyone is moving to temporary workers or part time staff. And now, to top it all off, our health care system, which has always been the envy of the world, now lies in shambles. All but destroyed by Obama.

Next, Obama will move on to our homes and our cars. It is just about all he has left to destroy. I am expecting any day, week, or month now, to get a letter stating that my home is now 'illegal' because of some new regulation and I will have to pay a fine (or as they call it in Chicago, protection money) until it is approved and deemed 'legal' by Obama. Then they will tell me my car is too old, or too this or that, or doesn't have enough of this or that, then my car will be ordered 'illegal'. But, not to worry, no big deal, as long as you pay the 'fine' you can get out of it.

Fundementally transform America? Yeah, I'd say so. Unfortunately, Obama's vision of transformation means making us more like Venezuela or Cuba, and he is doing a good job of that. The Liberals are finally getting everything they always thought they want, hehehe, it is so much fun, it is hilarious to watch them scream and squirm neck deep in this mess they helped to create.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:21:36 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 05:02:23 pm »
Why should a healthy young single individual sign up for insurance now?  The penalty is far lower than the cost of the premium and if you do get sick, why Obamacare mandates that you be sold a policy - at the same premium everyone else paid, including people with no pre-existing conditions - and voila! you have instant coverage.

When I was in my early twenties I was healthy as a horse, young (obviously), single, and no one depended on my continuing good health.  Other than something like catastrophic insurance for the worst of the worst (e.g., getting run over, but not killed, by a bus), which would have been smart to carry, I had no need for, and no desire for, health insurance.  I also didn't file tax returns - although that largely hurt me, not anyone else, because I probably would have been entitled to a refund of some of the taxes that were withheld from the money I earned at my part-time jobs - and so I would not have noticed, or paid, any penalty for not having insurance.

The only thing that would have made it better was the ability to waltz into an insurance agent's office when I got sick and pick up a brand-new policy to cover what ailed me, with no penalties for the fact that I was getting coverage solely for a pre-existing condition.

That is about the only thing that has changed as far as 20 somethings and health insurance are concerned, and that change will simply exacerbate the current conditions, not ameliorate them.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:12:53 pm by Oceander »

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 05:05:27 pm »
The potential to which this whole thing could unravel seems almost too delicious to contemplate. 

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 05:09:29 pm »
The amateur gets his comeuppance
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 05:13:57 pm »
The amateur gets his comeuppance

I'm not holding my breath.  He's the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT and an Alinsky liberal to boot.  He will never suffer any of the consequences of his actions - we will.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:14:20 pm by Oceander »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 06:00:29 pm »
I'm not holding my breath.  He's the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT and an Alinsky liberal to boot.  He will never suffer any of the consequences of his actions - we will.

He may never acknowledge his folly but those around him will and mock him.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 06:11:56 pm »
When someone breaks a leg, they can simply sign up on the website, go to hospital for xrays, casts, and a prescription, then come back home and cancel the plan.

Or, if someone get allergies in the  Spring, they could sign up in February, and cancel in the summer. Why not.

But, this, of course, is not real. They are doing a classic scam here by offering something which is too good to be true. Then, once they get people hooked, they will bait and switch. That is what all scam artists do. This plan, as it is, is designed to fail. There will be major changes very quickly. What they claim to be 'selling' is too stupid to be real.

This is the carrot, to get people to register in the government database. Obamacare, if it worked, would put every citizen at Obama's fingertips. If someone had a child with cancer being treated by Obamacare, they would more than likely be reluctant to criticize Obama or his administration, especially after so many documented well known cases of Obama using government agencies to intimidate and punish people. The last thing anyone should want is for Obama and his gang to have control over who does and who doesn't get medical treatment.

People are not signing up. That is why I am sure Obamacare will eventually be mandatory for every person. We will soon all be required to have an Obamacare card on us at all times. It will act as a kind of National ID card.

Obamacare is not about health or healthcare. It is about control of individual citizens on a micromanagement level. Obama wants everyone in his database. That is the primary goal of ACA. The healthcare aspect of it is just the incentive to go with the program. Right now they are saying that it is voluntary. It is only a matter of time before everyone will be forced to enroll, whether they want to or not.

But, as we all know, Liberals are not known for having any common sense, or any sense at all really.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »
When someone breaks a leg, they can simply sign up on the website, go to hospital for xrays, casts, and a prescription, then come back home and cancel the plan.

Or, if someone get allergies in the  Spring, they could sign up in February, and cancel in the summer. Why not.

But, this, of course, is not real. They are doing a classic scam here by offering something which is too good to be true. Then, once they get people hooked, they will bait and switch. That is what all scam artists do. This plan, as it is, is designed to fail. There will be major changes very quickly. What they claim to be 'selling' is too stupid to be real.

This is the carrot, to get people to register in the government database. Obamacare, if it worked, would put every citizen at Obama's fingertips. If someone had a child with cancer being treated by Obamacare, they would more than likely be reluctant to criticize Obama or his administration, especially after so many documented well known cases of Obama using government agencies to intimidate and punish people. The last thing anyone should want is for Obama and his gang to have control over who does and who doesn't get medical treatment.

People are not signing up. That is why I am sure Obamacare will eventually be mandatory for every person. We will soon all be required to have an Obamacare card on us at all times. It will act as a kind of National ID card.

Obamacare is not about health or healthcare. It is about control of individual citizens on a micromanagement level. Obama wants everyone in his database. That is the primary goal of ACA. The healthcare aspect of it is just the incentive to go with the program. Right now they are saying that it is voluntary. It is only a matter of time before everyone will be forced to enroll, whether they want to or not.

But, as we all know, Liberals are not known for having any common sense, or any sense at all really.

The fact that it is so easy to scam could well end up being its main selling point to young and healthy millennials.  If I was in their shoes, I'd see Obamacare as something I can easily avoid paying into, but I'd like it to be there if I ever needed it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:21:28 pm by massadvj »

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 07:13:08 pm »
I guess the trick would be keeping Obamacare viable until the millennials trickled in, one by one. 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 07:23:51 pm »
I guess the trick would be keeping Obamacare viable until the millennials trickled in, one by one.

They won't trickle in.  They'll game it.  Go in when they need it, and then go out.

When did "viability" ever matter for a government program?  These programs are sold and sustained only on the basis of whether people "like" them.  The fact that Medicare, for example, is bankrupting the country is irrelevant to politicians.

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 08:12:24 pm »
I guess the higher deductables won't matter to them either, since they won't have anything to compare them to. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 08:21:20 pm »
Obama and his worshippers cannot bring themselves to believe that there are millions of people who simply do not want and do not need insurance
I don't think obama cares that millions don't want it. It is all about single payer the hell with what the people want.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 03:30:45 am »
[[ Why should a healthy young single individual sign up for insurance now?  The penalty is far lower than the cost of the premium and if you do get sick, why Obamacare mandates that you be sold a policy - at the same premium everyone else paid, including people with no pre-existing conditions - and voila! you have instant coverage. ]]

This is especially true in view of the fact that if they _do_ choose to buy insurance, they'll not only pay an abnormally high premium for it, they'll also have to pay out-of-pocket for medical care they do require until the intentionally-high deductible is reached.

It's like you're being forced to buy "insurance" (under penalty if you don't), but even if you do, the insurance you buy is virtually worthless barring catatrosphic circumstances, because when you need medical care, YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY ANYWAY (shouting intentional).

Insurance that is worthless in normal circumstances -- ain't that a great idea?

Actually, if your reasons for imposing it upon us are not to "insure" but to "transfer wealth", it is!