Author Topic: Grover Norquist Calls Christie a ‘Strong Voice for Conservative Governance’  (Read 9812 times)

Offline Rapunzel

3 rallies including Searchlight with Palin and Breitbart.  Christie is anti 2nd... A vote for him is anti 2nd.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline katzenjammer

Why don't you tell us the story of how you didn't vote for RINO Romney. I'm sure that'll impress the hell out of us suffering under Obama's tyrannical rule.

Great strategy. Don't vote for the free marketeer – that'll teach those unprincipled Republicans.

Except it wouldn't be true.  I voted for Romney as I actually did believe he could have made a difference.  Still believe he wasn't cut from the same cloth as the rest of them, I could be way off on that, but it is what I believe at the present.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Are we to be judged, and criticized, even maligned for where we live?

Life is not entirely online politics. I'd enjoy living in many liberal places.

I wasn't insulted.   I hate Maryland.  But at my age and situation...I'm here now.

LOL!   My ex-wife and her husband sold their $2 Million home in Potomac Maryland and moved "across the river" into Great Falls, Virginia....about a twenty minute drive difference....in order to escape Maryland's punitive taxation on millionaires.

....and then McAulliffe beats Cuccinelli.      You gotta love these SOBs. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

It's Friday night..time for a glass of a good Merlot

Great suggestion!!  Here's a few more bottles, we may need them!!   :silly:

Online DCPatriot

Pick one up. Hie thee to a range and practice with it. Or better still - get to the range first and see what suits you before you buy. Nearly all ranges do rentals/loaners, and most of the other customers are usually pretty cool with letting you send a couple rounds from theirs downrange.

I am fond of both the Sig Sauer P556 and the Striker street sweeper. Tried a Glock 22 - couldn't hit the floor with it if I dropped it.

Not that I could possess such things in the gloriously disarmed UK.  :whistle:

Good advice, EC!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Except it wouldn't be true.  I voted for Romney as I actually did believe he could have made a difference.  Still believe he wasn't cut from the same cloth as the rest of them, I could be way off on that, but it is what I believe at the present.

He was the strongest in that field....no doubt.  The most qualified, too.

But his personality and charisma are sorely lacking....in this American Idol culture in which we live, it spelled DOOM!

Online DCPatriot

We can start by not accusing someone who disagree of being a troll and telling them to get off a thread.  and yes i know it wasnt you AC...

FACT:
You and I (and you know I luv you to death) were squaring off....about YOU choosing to sit on your a$$ come election day because Chris Christie may be the GOP candidate

Along comes a poster with a double digit post total....writing a one-liner with a virtual dripping gas can in his hand.  He was looking for a reaction.

Well, he got one.   :beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Along comes a poster with a double digit post total....writing a one-liner with a virtual dripping gas can in his hand.  He was looking for a reaction.

We can't be that was or we will never get new members or at least new members afraid to post...that's why I have always hated the term *newbie*.....and once registered we are all members....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

We can't be that was or we will never get new members or at least new members afraid to post...that's why I have always hated the term *newbie*.....and once registered we are all members....

No...I understand. 

Look...my Redskins got beat in another heart breaker.  I was upset and angry...and not myself.  LOL!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!   :patriot:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:02:08 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

I feel like Columbo...exiting the door...to turn around and say, "uh......one more thing!"   LOL!

I ask anybody in here that experienced the highs and lows of the primary season...and the arguments and/or disagreements among us.

Wasn't it mentally taxing?  It drove Rap crazy.  Which made a lot of other people crazy.  LOL!

I had never confronted ANYBODY like that on the forums since I've been here. 

After all that, she has the temerity to express that she will NOT cast a vote for Christie vs. Hillary Clinton.

After we've all been seeing from this Administration?  A Clinton administration would be Obama on steroids.

"We're going to take things from you....for the common good!"   

I got the graphic somewhere here....

Well, given the sh*t sandwich I've been eating the past 5 years with this mamaluke....it was not the time to read from ANYBODY....let alone Rusty...to ask if this was a Romney site?

The defense rests......

Offline aligncare

Principled conservatives everywhere voted for Romney. Even Mark Levin – who talked Romney down in the primary and who famously said he would vote for a can of orange juice before voting for Obama – voted for Romney.

By the way, Mark Levin hates Chris Christie. But I guarantee you if Christie where the nominee against Hillary Clinton, or any other Democrat, he would vote for Chris Christie in a heartbeat. Period. No question.

Online DCPatriot

Principled conservatives everywhere voted for Romney. Even Mark Levin – who talked Romney down in the primary and who famously said he would vote for a can of orange juice before voting for Obama – voted for Romney.

By the way, Mark Levin hates Chris Christie. But I guarantee you if Christie where the nominee against Hillary Clinton, or any other Democrat, he would vote for Chris Christie in a heartbeat. Period. No question.

Exactly my point, AC!   :beer:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

And I'll be right there with him! But be forewarned that I intend to do everything in my power to prevent Christie from getting the nomination just as I did with Romney!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:07:57 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

As it should be, Bigun. Survival of the fittest – someone once said – should yield the best candidate for the general election. I fought like hell for Romney against Gingrich (even though I'm a fan Gingrich). I thought Romney could win. I was wrong.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Yup.  And if Christie enters the primaries and is subjected to the customary GOPBR sausage-grinding, yet comes out on the other side as the party's nominee--most here will end up voting for him, despite the emotional proclamations (mine included) otherwise.   :beer:

I wasn't insulted.   I hate Maryland.  But at my age and situation...I'm here now.

LOL!   My ex-wife and her husband sold their $2 Million home in Potomac Maryland and moved "across the river" into Great Falls, Virginia....about a twenty minute drive difference....in order to escape Maryland's punitive taxation on millionaires.

....and then McAulliffe beats Cuccinelli.      You gotta love these SOBs.

The liberal climate around my community drives me nuts sometimes, and I ain't subjected to nearly the punitive taxes that you are.  I get sick of the Obama stickers, the Affordable Care Act stickers, the comments that come up in social situations, the comments I overhear in public places, and the gay mecca that this community has become, even though I have some gay friends.

I sometimes dream of leaving this area, at least for a couple of months and going somewhere sane.  I attended a wedding in the Allegheny National Forest area of PA back in Sept.  I LOVED being in that area--the people all seemed so normal and unjaded.

Offline aligncare

I love when we're on the same page, Lipstick.  :beer: getting my clock cleaned by you is no fun!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The liberal climate around my community drives me nuts sometimes, and I ain't subjected to nearly the punitive taxes that you are.  I get sick of the Obama stickers, the Affordable Care Act stickers, the comments that come up in social situations, the comments I overhear in public places, and the gay mecca that this community has become, even though I have some gay friends.

I sometimes dream of leaving this area, at least for a couple of months and going somewhere sane.  I attended a wedding in the Allegheny National Forest area of PA back in Sept.  I LOVED being in that area--the people all seemed so normal and unjaded.

Take a couple weeks off and hit the roads? There is no shame in hitting burn out - passionate people do. But you need a break from time to time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

I love when we're on the same page, Lipstick.  :beer: getting my clock cleaned by you is no fun!

Awww, I'm sorry.  I'll try to mellow.  No promises though.  :kisses2:

Offline aligncare

Whew! LOL!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yup.  And if Christie enters the primaries and is subjected to the customary GOPBR sausage-grinding, yet comes out on the other side as the party's nominee--most here will end up voting for him, despite the emotional proclamations (mine included) otherwise.   :beer:

Word...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34