Author Topic: NBC's Chuck Todd: Obama 'Does Not Believe He Lied'  (Read 1123 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NBC's Chuck Todd: Obama 'Does Not Believe He Lied'
« on: November 09, 2013, 02:26:31 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/09/chuck-todd-obama-does-not-believe-he-lied

by John Nolte 9 Nov 2013, 5:26 AM PDT

NBC's Chuck Todd scored a huge interview with President Obama Thursday and opened things by immediately drilling down on the president's relentlessly repeated lie that under ObamaCare you can keep your current  insurance plan if you like it. The full interview is even more impressive than the clips that have been going around. Even after he elicits a "sorry" out of Obama, Todd keeps after the point for almost ten minutes.

Ultimately, though, Todd came away with the impression that Obama doesn't believe he lied. And Todd is probably right, which is a little unnerving.

During his own interview on the Hugh Hewitt show Friday with guest host Carol Platt Liebau, Todd said, "You know, he does not believe he lied on this, and that’s the sense I get." Here is Todd's entire quote:

You know, he does not believe he lied on this, and that’s the sense I get. I mean, I think that that’s, he’s taken issue with that before with folks off the record, and I got it’s a sensitive issue, felt like he did not sit there and say he intentionally lied. He said that he wanted to, he thought he was going to be able to keep this promise. I thought what was revealing in that answer, when I asked him that direct question about this, was this a political lie that you started to believe it, was he talked about well, you know, it turns out we had trouble in crafting the law.

If Obama has convinced himself he didn't lie, that borders on pathological. We now know that as far back as 2010 the president knew 8 to 9 million people would lose their health insurance. We have him on video admitting to that:

The 8 to 9 million people you refer to that might have to change their coverage -- keep in mind out of the 300 million Americans that we are talking about -- would be folks who the CBO, the Congressional Budget Office,  estimates would find the deal in the exchange better. Would be a better deal. So, yes, they would change coverage because they got more choice and competition.

The key phrase is Obama admitting that those 8 or 9 million "might have to change their coverage."

And yet, straight through the 2012 election, Obama continued his campaign to reassure the American people that they could keep their insurance. Period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo

Obama's brazen and reckless lying is bad enough. But if Todd is correct (and I think he is) that Obama doesn't believe or understand that he lied, that means it can and will happen again. 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: NBC's Chuck Todd: Obama 'Does Not Believe He Lied'
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 02:43:26 pm »
He didn't believe he got his arse kicked by Romney in the debates, either?  Shows a touch of lack of assessing reality in my opinion. :Odance: