Author Topic: CBS admits error in Benghazi '60 minutes story  (Read 656 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
CBS admits error in Benghazi '60 minutes story
« on: November 09, 2013, 04:37:52 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: CBS admits error in Benghazi '60 minutes story
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »
Bet they were paid a visit from some Chicago thugs.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »
"The most important thing to every person at '60 Minutes' is the truth, and today the truth is that we made a mistake," Logan said.

B.S.  That might have been the case prior to 2000, but ever since then 60 Minutes - and the rest of CBS - have become committed to politics first, to airbrushing the past as needed to fit the current political agenda (as the Soviets routinely did), and to the truth only in those ancillary areas such as travel reviews and food reviews (although even there politics is often allowed to ooze in).

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »
I told you all that the 60 Minutes piece was a fabrication...the admission of error simply gives them an excuse to escape culpability.

And the same goes for these people who are scheduled to testify before the Congressional Hearings....how do you know for sure that they were actually there...and that it's not more bullsh*t?

You don't.

....they've had more than a year to rehearse their 'fables'.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 03:47:08 PM »
This is why I never, NEVER watch See-BS. **nononono*
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 04:05:35 PM »
I haven't watched 60 minutes in decades.

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 04:27:12 PM »
I haven't watched 60 minutes in decades.

I watched this segment on video, but don't watch 60 minutes, either. It's more like three hours when you try to listen to their slants. However, Lara Logan was right the first time. She made of a fool of herself by apologizing to soothe Obummer's temper.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
I am so distrustful of this administration and CBS I am now beginning to wonder if the two of them didn't collude in this as a false flag operation designed to impugn any eyewitness testimony about the attack and provide the Obama admin with a "See! I told you so." cover.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf