Author Topic: Al Sharpton's MSNBC contract permits him to remaina professional bigot  (Read 539 times)

rangerrebew

Al Sharpton's MSNBC Contract Permits Him to Remain a Professional Bigot

Sharpton ended up with a “carve out” from NBC News’s policies against political participation.

Al Sharpton has incited racial hatred, was involved in two anti-Semitic violent incidents, ruined careers by bearing false witness, and exploited tragedies by injecting race where there was none before. Now we learn from the Washington Post's Eric Wemple that Sharpton's hate-inducing activities are perfectly fine with his MSNBC management. In fact they put their approval in his contract.:

When the Rev. Al Sharpton was negotiating with MSNBC in 2011 for his 6 p.m. show, he made clear right away that his role as a civil-rights activist with his National Action Network (NAN) wouldn’t change. After MSNBC President Phil Griffin proposed a nightly gig for Sharpton, the controversial figure stipulated, “I said, well, I’m still going to run NAN, I’m still going to be an activist,” said Sharpton. The response was encouraging: “He said, ‘Put it in the contract. We’d never interfere with what you’re doing, your civil rights work,” Shartpon quoted Griffin as saying. The reverend ended up with a “carve out” from NBC News’s policies against political participation.

It's incredible that the same network which canceled Imus in The Morning show because the host made a deeply racially insensitive joke, hired Sharpton and then carved out space for him to continue his racist activity.

TruthRevolt's first petition, TELL ADVERTISERS TO STOP BACKING AL SHARPTON, has passed 10,000 signatures. If you haven't done so yet, please click here to add your name today.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/al-sharptons-msnbc-contract-permits-him-remain-professional-bigot
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:43:15 am by rangerrebew »